? servers

? players online

Why does everyone say you can't get Free Steam Games?

• Content Count:  4

So being a student most of my money goes for paying college tuition fees if not that then partying and drinking, so theres little money left over for gaming. SInce there's a new Must-have game coming out every month it can be quite hard to keep up.

Then my class mate twittered me this video, which gives a guide on getting Steam games for free. So i thought ok, most people would say its too good to be true but i was bored and really wanted some new games. I thought to myself let me test it out before i say anything, and came up with the idea of testing it out with a $5 steam game - Just to see if it worked. And guess what, after about an hour and waiting for my request to process it did worked! Full game from steam gifted to me :nuts:

Geometry Wars ($5 game just as a tester)

woot3f.th.jpg

If you want to test to see if this is real, copy the game gift URL in the picture and check. It will already be used up of course but the error will show that it was once valid.

Carried on using the method explained in the guide on and off for about a month and i got some impressive results.

In 1 month I've got 3 Steam Games so far (actually i got 11 Steam games, but 2 game packages - COD package and Civ 4 Pack).

Video with Guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLDGzP7MNtw

So as i mentioned i got a few games Free using this method too during Steam summer sale week.

Here are a few pics

Call of Duty Collection (Cod 1, Cod 2, Cod 4, World at War, United offence)

wooot.th.jpg

Civilization IV Complete Pack (which includes all expansions)

wooot2.th.jpg

Steam Gift system is awesome! :thumb:

So next time some one says you can't get Steam games for free, tell them you can ;)

• Content Count:  2034

uhhh this is illegal...

or at least against steams TOS

Well, you basically put all of your information into these 'offers' which give you points, which exchange for steam games/dollar value stuff... I don't think it's illegal. The company is buying the game and gifting it to you.

• Content Count:  2034

Enjoy being banned from Steam.

For something that's completely legal? Do you even read?

That being said, it's gonna take you quite some time to accrue enough points to get a game.

• Content Count:  984

For something that's completely legal? Do you even read?

That being said, it's gonna take you quite some time to accrue enough points to get a game.

Why would you think this is legal? You are exploiting a flaw in the system. Which is against there terms of service when you download steam.

Reply to Thread