? servers

? players online

gi joe movie (sigh)

• Content Count:  2936

GI joe movie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe_%28film%29#cite_note-22

For those of us that grew up in the 80s and 90s wed remember the great shows that were GI Joe, American hero, and the others related to these specific shows.

Well. They are making a movie. I think it will suck

Its live action, and that little fruitcake from 10 things i hate about you is going to be cobra commander.

The black guy from Oz that rapes people is going to be heavy duty (because roadblock wouldnt be the obvious choice for the token black guy to toss in"

there we go people.

Another childhoold memory of mine shattered by hollywood.

I hope they pirate their sacreligious asses to bankruptcy

• Content Count:  4473

:blink:

I am worried about the kids these days watching this and thinking G.I. Joe sucks because of this movie. They semi-fucked up Transformers and now this...

Next year it will be Pogs the movie

• Content Count:  4354

Yeah, the old one? You can make a great movie with a meager budget, but if you toss millions at it...it will suck.

At least thats what tends to happen...

Thats not always true. Street Fighter had a meager budget and SUCKED!!!

It might not end up being all that bad. But i am hoping they make a Snorks movie:)

• Content Count:  2936

I loved "gi joe the movie" it had a hell of an ensemble cast for the voices. Don Johnson back in his heyday as Lt. Falcon, etc. It was a great movie imho to go with a great kids cartoon. It should have been a direct to vid release though.

That being said, I think this one, live action, 2008 version, put forth 21 years after the last one (I cnat believe i can say that) is going to suck major monkey balls.

Live action has never worked out in hte benefit of the series/game/movie being portrayed.

Remember that god awful mario movie?

Remember Judge Dredd

Remember transformers (that movie was crap, im sorry)

He-man?

Its just like fate man, live action editions of movies are doomed to suck ass, I'm not sure why, but it should be a law of nature.

Not only that, but GI joe of old was not just a cartoon, it was a 22 minute, 30 second vehicle, character, and playset commercial. That is part of what made GI joe great.

"Duke, Cobra has the COBRA HAMMERHEAD"

"Dont worry ladee Jay, Cobra may have the COBRA HAMMERHEAD in thier sleek COBRA BASE WITH RETRACTIBLE TOP AND FLYING BALLS we have the USS FLAGG and the FORTRESS AMERICA! Theyll never win. YOOOO JOE!

That is what made the show great. It was violent without showing the conseqences of the violence. Both the Joes and Cobra would have been kicked out of the military for being notoriously bad shots.

I feel live action will just kill this whole feel to it.

• Content Count:  1938

I loved "gi joe the movie" it had a hell of an ensemble cast for the voices. Don Johnson back in his heyday as Lt. Falcon, etc. It was a great movie imho to go with a great kids cartoon. It should have been a direct to vid release though.

That being said, I think this one, live action, 2008 version, put forth 21 years after the last one (I cnat believe i can say that) is going to suck major monkey balls.

Live action has never worked out in hte benefit of the series/game/movie being portrayed.

Remember that god awful mario movie?

Remember Judge Dredd

Remember transformers (that movie was crap, im sorry)

He-man?

Its just like fate man, live action editions of movies are doomed to suck ass, I'm not sure why, but it should be a law of nature.

Not only that, but GI joe of old was not just a cartoon, it was a 22 minute, 30 second vehicle, character, and playset commercial. That is part of what made GI joe great.

"Duke, Cobra has the COBRA HAMMERHEAD"

"Dont worry ladee Jay, Cobra may have the COBRA HAMMERHEAD in thier sleek COBRA BASE WITH RETRACTIBLE TOP AND FLYING BALLS we have the USS FLAGG and the FORTRESS AMERICA! Theyll never win. YOOOO JOE!

That is what made the show great. It was violent without showing the conseqences of the violence. Both the Joes and Cobra would have been kicked out of the military for being notoriously bad shots.

I feel live action will just kill this whole feel to it.

Hey I liked the judge dredd movie, but the mario one was a little weird.

Reply to Thread