? servers

? players online

iPod Touch + Re-installed iTunes. Help?

• Content Count:  706

Hey. I recently reformatted my PC and it removed iTunes ofc. Now, I didnt redownload it, not before I needed it. Which I did yesterday night.

I was installing from Installous (not really the point), and suddenly it froze. Now, I sat tight, waiting for it to tell me that my SpringBoard crashed. Well, that didn't happen. Instead, my iPod began rebooting. Fine, I thought, but that was only until I saw that it went in Recovery mode.

Now, I re-installed iTunes, hoping it saved my programs (I really bough some expensive ones before it was jailbroken) to my iTunes account. Well, it didn't do that. Instead, I had NOTHING on my iTunes account and NOTHING on my iPod. Now, I had a backup on AptBackup, but it didn't have the backup. Now, I'm stuck with music importing to iTunes, getting ALL my free AND paid apps again on my iPod, all the movies etc etc etc. (yes i got it restored to 4.0, Apple still allows it, you who upgraded to 4.0.2!)

Now, is there ANY way to retrieve my old apps (AppStore & Cydia)?

Thanks, and ofc the one who gives me the answer gets rep.

• Content Count:  706

Firstly, why did you do a reformat before backing shit like that up?

So long as it's the same account shit should still be in the iTunes Store in theory but I think that not be the case because you reformatted. As far as I can tell there's 2 things you can do:

explain all this to someone who can help you at iTunes and see what they can do, or

check your purchase history on your iTunes account and whatever you really need, you can say there's a problem with it (make one up) and they should give you credit to redownload. The actual files won't be accessible, but there should still be receipts with the necessary report links.

Otherwise you're just in a shit situation really, bro.

Well, it wasn't a complete reformat. It told me that it would restore all my documents, installed programs (at least installers that I saved) and all that shit. Sadly, I don't think that Apple's software is in the definition of "all"

Guess there's nothing to do else that writing a very very angry mail to Steve Jobs and using Installous to get what I lost.

• Content Count:  3736

When you buy/download free apps on the phone itself you need to sync them up to your app library on the PC or you'll loose them in case of reformat.. ;( but usually you have receipts of the paid ones. I do.

For the JB apps the paid ones should be tied to an account fr me its facebook.

The free one well redownload them. Im surprised you lost your backup...

and you should have back us in itunes???

NON RETARDED THREAD IN OTF!!!!!

partayyyyyy:partydance:

• Content Count:  1839

apps you paid for from itunes will be there when you sign into your account. You obviously have not done this if they don't show up.

The apps, its not surprising that your manually backed up apps aren't there anymore, because you didn't manually back your shit up prior to reformatting.

• Content Count:  1030

Something similar happened to me. I used the restart (hold down both buttons) and my free apps came back. Idk why the paid ones arent in your itunes though. Good Luck!

• Content Count:  3736

apps you paid for from itunes will be there when you sign into your account. You obviously have not done this if they don't show up.

The apps, its not surprising that your manually backed up apps aren't there anymore, because you didn't manually back your shit up prior to reformatting.

well yeah I guess common sense would have applied.. good point sir!!

it didnt come to mind that maybe he just didnt...

When I reformated my phone though it did warn me that the apps bought on the phone that were not sync with the computer would be lost?! even though I use the same account for both..

Reply to Thread