? servers

? players online

Texting While Driving

• Content Count:  578

No. Just no. Not even remotely comparable.

Drinking impairs your judgement, texting does not.

I'll vouch for Dracula on this rare occasion.

If you can't text without looking at the phone, don't text. I realize the road deserves most of my attention, so I focus on the road and in the back of my mind (while still looking at the road), I text with one hand (when I get the chance because I drive standard). I periodically look down to make sure I have the right words but....

Honestly, it's no different than adjusting the radio. I can text without looking, so it's basically thinking of a message (don't try to say you never talk while driving, that involves thinking of something to say as well), which is the same thing, think of something you want to say, and say it.. I can text without looking, so I can still focus on the road, and the parts where I do look at my phone is comparable to changing the radio station. (I do it very briefly (probably a split second, I put more time into checking my speeds and rearview mirrors and stuff) and then immediately look back up, and if I have to take a second glance at my phone I do so, but I always make sure my driving is good).

I've never once been in an accident, or anything of the sort (no tickets, no accidents, nothing). So for those who have numerous tickets and want to maybe lecture me about how bad it is you don't have much ground to stand on.

For aforementioned reasons, I do (not frequently but admittedly do) text, and likely will continue to here and there.

Those who can't handle it shouldn't, but I don't think it's that dangerous when you can still watch the road.

Try doing that in Miami. With the type of shit people do around here you'll have ran over a pedestrian, rear-ended another car and earned yourself a lawsuit by the time you type 'Hey'.

• Content Count:  641

Some what unrelated to TEXTING, but i saw this on facebook the other day and i finally found the embed

7 minutes of car accidents that are most likely for Ad campaigns, some caught on tape. This video makes me not want to drive.

Really, this video is just about responsibility and paying attention and not thinking you're invincible on the road.

If im in the car with someone, i usually take the phone and text for them, they just tell me what to say. So much easier and it takes the fear away.

• Content Count:  464

Some what unrelated to TEXTING, but i saw this on facebook the other day and i finally found the embed

7 minutes of car accidents that are most likely for Ad campaigns, some caught on tape. This video makes me not want to drive.

Really, this video is just about responsibility and paying attention and not thinking you're invincible on the road.

If im in the car with someone, i usually take the phone and text for them, they just tell me what to say. So much easier and it takes the fear away.

Probably one of the most depressing things I've ever seen :sad2:, even though it's rather exaggerated.

• Content Count:  6712

Texting in the car is pointless.

Texting generally is in most circumstances pointless.

You don't even have to get to the point of why texting and driving is dangerous to think that texting and driving is wrong.

• Content Count:  326

I drive a manual so I never use my phone when I'm driving. But today I had the (dis)pleasure of driving a car with an automatic transmission, and now I understand why people get into accidents when they text when they're driving. In a car with an automatic transmission you don't do shit all you do is point the car in the direction you want to go and mash on the pedal, really easy to see how they find ingenious ways to crack up their cars.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread