? servers

? players online

What songs can you play?

• Content Count:  868

I'm learning how to play Use The Man by Megadeth on guitar. Very under-appreciated song out of their entire catalog.

I can't do the barre chords for the acoustic part(or so the tab says), I'm a serious beginner and I don't practice often. I can however do the unbarred electric guitar chords that make the main riff of the song, which is basically the same sound as the acoustic chords so I'm not bothering with the barre chords yet.

It's fun playing along to a drum track. I can make my own drum track to any song out there, from classic rock to stuff by Dream Theater, both having the drum track itself play along with the actual song to kind of make the drums stand out over the rest of the instruments or just the drum track itself, though it's time consuming to do. I did up to 1:17 of Use The Man since that's all I can play so far and can't find a tab that covers that little section before it goes back to the acoustic guitar part. I'll probably end up noodling on the guitar until I find the right notes.

• Content Count:  60

i been playing electric guitar for 4 years now i can play like almost any song of bloc party thats my fav indie band around/ also some we are scientists songs also

• Content Count:  6242

We really need to start a band =D

If people had good ways to record their instruments we could do it. I have a small mixer I hook up to my computer. I just plug into the mixer and when you record its sounds like it how it would coming out of the amp. Drums would be a hard thing to record but could be done.

• Content Count:  868

You could always use a drum track. I can do drum tracks, granted I do them in an unusual method, unusual being not MIDI or any professional equipment. I can write drum tracks for a DrumMania simulator on the computer. Despite it being a video game you can easily recreate Dream Theater on it... well not easily, time signature changes are a total bitch to write, but at 4/4 time it's pretty easy to write stuff. You are limited only by the WAV files you can find.

This guy's lucky enough to have an electronic drum kit to hook it up and play.

[Youtube]zW7Vxs0L2lI[/Youtube]

This video has the song as a backing track, so you're getting both the song's drums and the drums being played in the game. You can see the player messing around with the drum sounds at the very beginning. The game has an autoplay function to remove human error, so this would sound super real if somehow you could get everything in the song and remove the drums from the backing track.

[Youtube]qvTCgNF94AE[/Youtube]

And for fun, this is how far you can push the program. Unfortunately the note scroll in this video is set real low so it looks like a clusterfuck. I don't believe this one's using WAV files, just the song itself. This is on auto for obvious reasons.

[Youtube]REp0ca3-FjQ[/Youtube]

• Content Count:  794

Spiked, I have an electric drum kit and it would be possible for me to hook it up to the computer, though im not really skilled enough to do it tbh.

• Content Count:  129

I've been playing guitar for about a year now and the most difficult song i know is asturias

But i can play other things like villa lobos, study in b minor, romance d'amour. Basicaly songs that can get me laid, ya no?

Reply to Thread