? servers

? players online

Awesome shit Valve!

• Content Count:  2085

You and SoulKeeper ever share computers?

In all seriousness, I am curious. Did you ever use any custom programs to play the game? Like HLDJ, HLSS, stuff like that? Ever play on Linux with WINE or something?

• Content Count:  4162

You and SoulKeeper ever share computers?

In all seriousness, I am curious. Did you ever use any custom programs to play the game? Like , stuff like that? Ever play on Linux with WINE or something?

HLDJ, HLSS that is all.

• Content Count:  2085

HLDJ, HLSS that is all.

If you're sure you weren't phished, and had no other "shady" programs running that may have interacted with a VAC-Secured game, then those are to blame.

HLDJ/HLSS do not cause bans most of the time, but sometimes they do.

What's funny is that on their site they say "does not affect VAC". Actually, it does. It's interacting with your client to load and list the music files, and also uses their .exe to launch the game. Ignore anyone who says otherwise, they are incorrectly informed by the HLDJ team.

tl;dr, if you're sure you weren't phished, and HLDJ/HLSS was the only thing that interacted with your VAC-Secured game ever, then that is probably to blame.

You could ask Steam Support about it, ask them to check if it was because of HLSS/HLDJ - but they won't do this 99.99~9% of the time. So you're fucked really, it sucks. You'll need to buy a new account.

Edited by Harry

• Content Count:  470

VAC bans are delayed. They could detect crap quickly but they don't actually ban the account for a while. (Could be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks I think.) Anyway, that explains why you were banned after not playing for a while.

Mod and skins could have "viruses" which falsely trigger a VAC ban on your account.

And I guess Harry's post is most likely, although rare.

Reply to Thread