? servers

? players online

Diet needed

• Content Count:  2942

NO NO NO NO NO

You have to rest at least 1 day a week preferably 2

your body has to rest and rebuild itself or you will wear your body down and wont get the weight loss you want.

So take the sunday off and rest. What if I want to go for a jog? A leisurely stroll through the park.

• Content Count:  6712

I'm 5'9'' or 5'10'' and 159 lbs - 160 lbs

If I do all the workouts for the full 2 months, I will finish November 27th.

I am not going to lie about this one bit since I honestly and sincerely want to lose the fat that I've accumulated over the years of late middle school into high school is that I have a small torso. This means most of the fat is pushed up into this one area. I'm sick and tired of being picked on in school because of my weight, usually it is just friends fucking around but, I still want that slim body. My weight is actually normal. But it is all fat and not muscle.

Yeah that's a point.....I'm about 167 pounds and 6ft 3....and that doesn't sound too overweight at all (although I still feel flabby)......even when I was closer to 190 pounds I'd say I was overweight...but not obese.

Fat makes you look bigger than muscle....you could weigh as much but look thinner if you replace fat with muscle....so don't just look at the scales and think that's it.

If you have problems with commitment to a diet......it's better to just try something less severe...take it slower and just make a permanent life change. You don't have to go around running every day...if you know you won't stick to that it's better to concentrate on the things you think that you can stick with. I used to think I was addicted to sugar.....but if you REALLY want to lose weight it's so easy to put shit food down and eat better.

Easiest way to avoid the temptation is to ask your parents to not buy so much junk food so it's not there to eat in the house.....(or if you shop for yourself just simply don't buy junk!!!!!!)....and eat before you go out......so you don't get hungry and get fast food.

• Content Count:  2942

No jogging

rest on sunday

Roger. My regular eating habits are

Morning: Apple oatmeal

School: A turkey, lettuce, cheese sandwich on wheat bread (Made in school)

Home: A quick snack (Granola bar)

Dinner: Usually a small bowl of pasta

Yeah that's a point.....I'm about 167 pounds and 6ft 3....and that doesn't sound too overweight at all (although I still feel flabby)......even when I was closer to 190 pounds I'd say I was overweight...but not obese.

Fat makes you look bigger than muscle....you could weigh as much but look thinner if you replace fat with muscle....so don't just look at the scales and think that's it.

If you have problems with commitment to a diet......it's better to just try something less severe...take it slower and just make a permanent life change. You don't have to go around running every day...if you know you won't stick to that it's better to concentrate on the things you think that you can stick with. I used to think I was addicted to sugar.....but if you REALLY want to lose weight it's so easy to put shit food down and eat better.

Easiest way to avoid the temptation is to ask your parents to not buy so much junk food so it's not there to eat in the house.....(or if you shop for yourself just simply don't buy junk!!!!!!)....and eat before you go out......so you don't get hungry and get fast food.

I need a job and a car before I start buying my own food. My biggest temptation is sugary drinks and junk food. I don't have a problem with fast food since I almost never eat it unless we are traveling to another state or place that is a good distance away. I have a younger sister who is just now in 6th grade. My mom buys her snacks and shit so I need to try to avoid that section all together or just ask my sister to buy lunch at the school.

(Double post)

Edited by Cromyth

• Content Count:  470

OK, I'm no doctor or dietitian but your weight is perfectly normal. The last thing you want to do is cut calories for the sake of losing more weight. Instead, change your diet to a healthier composition.

What you want to do is gain some muscle, that is to say some strength workouts. (From the looks of your calander I see the word "Cardio" a lot, so I assume this is more for endurance. I suggest finding a workout with more strength training. But if there is regular strength training in that workout, you should be OK.) There is no magic formula to get fat to go away besides a healthier diet combined with regular exercise, but having more muscle will help keep fat away. In fact, it would be healthy for you to gain weight. Do NOT look at the scale for progress, it is rather poor when training strength and gaining muscle. Muscle weight much more than fat, and it contributes a lot to keeping in shape.

And as Ms. Blargh said, YOU HAVE TO REST. Never work out the same group of muscles two days in a row. Ever. A leisurely jog on Sunday would probably be OK if you didn't do any training for your legs on Saturday. The main purpose of this is quite simply to let your body repair the damage you did over your exercise, and that's where you gain muscle. Rest is more important than you might think.

And back to diet: don't skimp on eating. I would avoid any diets which are made for weight loss, or portrayed as such. Those aren't meant to be permanent, and it's my belief that any non-permanent diet is not worth trying. Instead, switch to a healthy diet you can maintain for the rest of your life. When choosing a diet, ask yourself "Is this something I can continue for the rest of my life?" If the answer is no, it's probably not a good diet. Also, breakfast is important! Never skip it. Make it the largest meal. Make it balanced. You know how cereal commercials always say "part of this complete breakfast" and show and entire smorgasbord? Think along those lines. Your body DID just sleep for 8 or so hours without eating, after all.

Here is a quick article I found: Strength Training Diet. It lists some very good tips and good ways to get necessary protein, as part of your every day diet. (Read: No protein shakes or bars or anything of the sort.) I suggest staying away from red meat and not to go crazy on meat in general.

Anyway, sorry for diverging from what you asked, but this is what I feel would be more appropriate. I'm 5'11'', and 175 lbs, and I wouldn't call myself anywhere near fat. (I would say I'd like to get in much better shape, but I like my weight.) Summary, don't have your goal be "lose weight", but instead, "gain muscle". I don't mean become a champion weight lifter and have biceps the size of Popeye's, but you'll find that you'll lose the fat, possibly gain some healthy weight, look and feel better and more energized, and most of all it will help keep fat away! And create a balanced diet you can live with for the rest of your life. If you can make a healthy, balanced diet a habit, then you'll be set. (See: Balanced diet.)

• Content Count:  1079

I used to watch my diet quite closely. I've unfortunately and admittedly slacked a bit (having slightly more cake or cookie or whatever slightly more often), but it hasn't added anything to my waistline save a small, almost unnoticeable bit of love-handle fat because of one simple thing: Cross Country.

For what it's worth, you don't have to be ripped, have bustling biceps or have a six-pack to look good or attractive. If you simply want to lose the extra fat and not look like some version of the Hulk, go out and run hard for 3-4 days per week and run softly for the other 3 or 4 days of the week. You'll shed the pounds quickly. Do know, however, that you have to learn your pace in order to run long-distance properly. So, if you have never or never did run Track/Cross Country in high school, I recommend you ask someone for specific aid; it's too much for me to explain at the moment.

Nonetheless, I do understand that everyone's different, but this is what has worked for me. I was a chubby middle-schooler and I literally lost 20lbs over the summer between 8th grade and 9th grade simply by joining the Cross Country team and practicing with them pre-season in the summer.

• Content Count:  720

1200 calories a day 20 grams of fat Keep diary of what workouts you did and how your day went...Weigh in once a week. This is a serious easy diet. Calories aren't really required to follow 2400 for a regular person. but Keeping under 20 grams of fat a day you will see great improvements..

Reply to Thread