? servers

? players online

Diet needed

• Content Count:  3440

I have been on a weight loss/muscle building plan for about 3 months now. In that time I've lost 40 lbs. & put on a bit more muscle.

The exercise/weight loss plan I'm using is called E.L.M.M.

It's the brain child of my sister and her husband. She has dropped over 90lbs and ran her first marathon this summer. Her husband is down 50lbs.

E = Eat

L = Less

M = Move

M = More

It's that simple, eat fewer calories than you were taking in. More more than you had been.

Reduce caloric intake and increase exercise/physical activity.

A few things that have helped. www.dailyburn.com

They have a good and simple calorie calculator that helps you find what your target intake should be. They also make it very easy to track how many calories you eat in a day.

The second would be www.mapmyfitness.com

Which I use to log and track my workouts.

Both sites have free apps if you use an iphone. I use mapmyfitness for running, biking, etc. it works with the cellular gps and will map out your route,speed,calorie burn, etc.

It's a bit of a pain to track/log your calories and workouts at the beginning, but once it becomes habit it takes almost no time to do and it works.

• Content Count:  6712

Muscle weight much more than fat

Well it doesn't really.

5 pounds of fat weighs the same as 5 pounds of muscle....it's more relevant to say that 5 pounds of muscle covers a small volume....and so you might weigh the same but not be so large.

• Content Count:  2284

Drink water instead of fizzy drinks/juice/energy drinks....

Switch chocolate/snacks with fruit/veg/generally low fat stuff.

People also say instead of having 2/3 big meals have 5/6 smaller meals over the course of a day.....although I never do that as it's inconvenient.

If you're going to have meat....stay away from the fatty shit. Generally speaking....beef and pork are more fatty than chicken (that isn't KFC).

I still drink alcohol maybe once or twice a week (although this is literally the only luxury I've spared myself) and I've lost 1.5 stone/21 pounds/9.5kg since March.....and if you work out regularly over a sustained amount of time then you should do better.

It depends on what workouts you're doing.....if you want to simply lose fat just do cardio.

Couldn't have really said it any better.

No soda, limit fast food once a week to none, small meals, work out, and swimming is really good exercise.

My aunt cut out just soda and sweets and saw pleasing results within a few weeks.

Also, don't eat until you're satisfied, or you will gain weight.

• Content Count:  470

Well it doesn't really.

5 pounds of fat weighs the same as 5 pounds of muscle....it's more relevant to say that 5 pounds of muscle covers a small volume....and so you might weigh the same but not be so large.

Ah, yes. Meant to say muscle is more dense than fat. :x

• Content Count:  321

50% of the average Americans calorie intake is through beverages you would be amazed

how much healthier it is to just drink water and nothing else

http://www.cracked.com/article_18549_8-health-foods-that-are-bad-your-health.html

artificial sweeteners are ridiculously bad for you so don't drink diat soda or eat diat candy

it will give you cancer

• Content Count:  1157

Take advantage of the fact that you're still really young and you're a male, you will lose fat extremely quick compared to older people and females (not trying to be a sexist :x). By the look of that workout calendar, I can tell that is the Insanity work out calendar. Cardio is ideal to lose fat for sure and reveal the muscles that are under the layers of fat. You can lose anywhere from 15 to 20 pounds just by cutting out soda alone from your diet in a year if you drank it pretty often, and possibly lose more weight by drinking a lot more water and no soda at all. At least fit in 4 meals a day minimum (healthy of course) and make sure you make breakfast a priority. For breakfast you want something that is rich in protein but not that high in fat (peanut butter, egg whites, oatmeal, almonds, etc). If you possibly can, try to snack on something every 2-4 hours. If you want to put on muscle and have little to no fat, it is best to combine weight training with cardio. Cardio twice a week and weight training 3 times a week with 2 rest days is probably best. If you do too much cardio, you could actually lose some muscle along with the fat you burn and vice versa with too much weight training and no cardio. Instead of weighing yourself, measure and check if you lost inches because if the scale says you're gaining weight, it is most likely muscle.

• Content Count:  2942

The thing is, I don't eat that much junk food. Over the past 3 months, I've been eating salads, only drinking a can of soda once a week if that. I just have a very low metabolic rate and I need to boost it. Once I do I will be losing the weight quickly, or so says my doctor.

• Content Count:  1157

The thing is, I don't eat that much junk food. Over the past 3 months, I've been eating salads, only drinking a can of soda once a week if that. I just have a very low metabolic rate and I need to boost it. Once I do I will be losing the weight quickly, or so says my doctor.

Nothing wrong with eating salads, but you need to make sure you get enough protein in your diet. Take vitamins, especially Omega 3 fish oil supplements. One other thing that can cause slow metabolism in a young male is probably genetics.

• Content Count:  2942

Nothing wrong with eating salads, but you need to make sure you get enough protein in your diet. Take vitamins, especially Omega 3 fish oil supplements. One other thing that can cause slow metabolism in a young male is probably genetics.

Well, on one side of my family is French Canadian/French and the other side is Italian. I'm more French. I used to have an extremely high metabolism, then I stopped playing sports and started becoming lazy. Now I want to get active again and give my metabolism a kick in the ass.

Reply to Thread