? players online

Do you believe in God?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes, I do believe in God.
    • No, I'm atheist.

What do you believe in?

• Content Count:  490

I don't believe in evolution. I am not saying that all science is correct and damn to-the-point as right as can be, but it can be explained better than religion can. It has a reason "WHY."

And that is why I choose to believe it. All together, it is purely personal preference.

You didnt answer my question :p

That's because it wasn't directed at you.

This, however, will be directed at you:

I don't give a damn how old the earth is; it doesn't effect me. It's simply irrelevant to my life. Your statement goes a little over the line of what I was meaning by "science." I believe in their (science's way) of proving something is correct or incorrect rather than a theory without something to fall back on. Mainly because they have evidence that it can be proved with. Yet again, I'm going to say: I don't believe all of science because a lot of it is based off theory. My mistake if I didn't specify clearly.But back to Troy's post, this could go both ways because it depends on the person. Lastly, I never said that either one was better; I said what I prefer.

Edited by Moop the communist

• Content Count:  1166

I was born and raised as a hardcore Catholic. While I believe in most of the stuff in the Bible, you have to realize that a good chunk of the Old Testament is not factually true, but allegorical. Those who take the time to research know that the Magisterium acknowledged this principle. Also, in regards for evolution and taking into account that the Garden of Eden story isn't factually true, we can combine two beliefs by saying "Evolution is true, we came from monkeys, yadayadayada." But God, being the badass that he is, decided to give us grace whenever he so chose, in this case when we became sentient creatures who could reason and understand God's teachings.

See? Compromise! (nubs)

Edited by iNorris

• Content Count:  8383

This, however, will be directed at you:

I don't give a damn how old the earth is; it doesn't effect me. It's simply irrelevant to my life. Your statement goes a little over the line of what I was meaning by "science." I believe in their (science's way) of proving something is correct or incorrect rather than a theory without something to fall back on. Mainly because they have evidence that it can be proved with. Yet again, I'm going to say: I don't believe all of science because a lot of it is based off theory. My mistake if I didn't specify clearly.But back to Troy's post, this could go both ways because it depends on the person. Lastly, I never said that either one was better; I said what I prefer.

Well there is nothing wrong with believing certain theories may be wrong. Although if something can be proven somehow like how old the earth may be, then its hard for me to discuss something to someone who still thinks its a theory when it can be proven by tools of the modern age. Although you could say the tools could be wrong, but thats highly unlikely but possible.

Well there is nothing wrong with believing certain theories may be wrong. Although if something can be proven somehow like how old the earth may be, then its hard for me to discuss something to someone who still thinks its a theory when it can be proven by tools of the modern age. Although you could say the tools could be wrong, but thats highly unlikely but possible.

That's around the area that I was speaking about. Now for me to go to sleep.

Reply to Thread