Do you believe in God?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes, I do believe in God.
    • No, I'm atheist.

What do you believe in?

• Content Count:  464

How do you figure that?

Because God can explain a good deal of things. And because no one can continually watch every part of the universe, no can state the non-existence of anything. Please no flame like, "Well then you can't prove Star Wars isn't real." Technically you can't, but I'm being serious. For someone to believe that the universe just happened and just is and always has been is ignorant, it goes against the first law of thermodynamics (Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed). Now this law applies today because no one can make matter or destroy matter. At some point in time this law had to not not have existed and God imho created everything; matter, laws, etc...

• Content Count:  6712

Because God can explain a good deal of things. And because no one can continually watch every part of the universe, no can state the non-existence of anything. Please no flame like, "Well then you can't prove Star Wars isn't real." Technically you can't, but I'm being serious. For someone to believe that the universe just happened and just is and always has been is ignorant, it goes against the first law of thermodynamics (Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed). Now this law applies today because no one can make matter or destroy matter. At some point in time this law had to not not have existed and God imho created everything; matter, laws, etc...

I thought the whole point of God is that he's a higher being than us......how can you prove his existence based solely on the flaws in science that we puny humans have discovered in a very small fraction of the duration of the Universe.

800 years ago God could've explained how to cure the Plague.....now we have science for that.

I thought the whole point of God is that he's a higher being than us......how can you prove his existence based solely on the flaws in science that we puny humans have discovered in a very small fraction of the duration of the Universe.

Believe me I have many other "proofs" if you will, but that was the most basic one I could think of off the top of my head. Yes, God is a higher being, and he created those laws in order for us to attempt to better understand Him.

• Content Count:  2132

Well saying atheists or agnostics need faith in God because it will explain what us humans don't yet know is like saying every child should believe that a stork delivers babies to families because they don't yet know where they came from.

Well saying atheists or agnostics need faith in God because it will explain what us humans don't yet know is like saying every child should believe that a stork delivers babies to families because they don't yet know where they came from.

No, because we know eventually that the stork story is false. I'm saying it takes just as much faith to believe in something no can prove as it does to not believe. You can prove where babies come from.

• Content Count:  6712

Believe me I have many other "proofs" if you will, but that was the most basic one I could think of off the top of my head. God is a higher being, but he created those laws in order for us to attempt to grasp the scale of his power.

How can I reply to this? It's bonkers........

You may be serious....but that doesn't make your point any more serious than Star Wars.

Edited by Lux

• Content Count:  2132

No, because we know eventually that the stork story is false. I'm saying it takes just as much faith to believe in something no can prove as it does to not believe. You can prove where babies come from.

You're not very good with analogies are you?

You're not very good with analogies are you?

Do I really have to spell this out? You're analogy was bad because we come to understand the validity of the "stork story," and although I'm more inclined to believe in God, you cannot prove it either way.

Reply to Thread