? servers

? players online

Stop the Internet Blacklist

• Content Count:  2051

Got this from demonoid. Don't know if its been posted or not, but looked around at first page of off topic. Also I don't know how serious this will be or if it even has any chance of passing, but something to look into?

COICA

In the United States, a new law proposal called The Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA) was introduced last week, and there will be a hearing in front of the Judiciary Committee this Thursday.

If passed, this law will allow the government, under the command of the media companies, to censor the internet as they see fit, like China and Iran do, with the difference that the sites they decide to censor will be completely removed from the internet and not just in the US.

Please see the following article from the Huffington Post for more information.

Stop the Internet Blacklist

And if you are a US citizen, please take the time to sign this petition

DemandProgress.org - Petition to Stop the Internet Blacklist!

Update: Also for US citizens, you can email your Senator from the following link and tell him or her your concerns about this bill

Tell Your Senator: No Website Blacklists, No Internet Censorship!

Update, from EFF's website: the Senate Judiciary Committee postponed the scheduled markup of the Internet censorship bill — a fantastic outcome, given that the entertainment industry and their allies in Congress had hoped this bill would be quickly approved before the Senators went home for the October recess. Massive thanks to all who used the EFF Action Center to write to your Senators to oppose this bill.

• Content Count:  2034

"A markup on SJC Chairman Leahy’s IP infringement bill was postponed late Wednesday, as staffers anticipated the chamber would finish legislative work and adjourn for recess before the hearing could commence. The change in plans should delight some of the bill’s critics, at least, who expressed concern that the legislation was moving forward quickly."

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/09/victory-internet-censorship-bill-delayed

• Content Count:  31

Leaders of the Free World continue forging that path to human rights and freedom of speech for all!

This is the most hypocritical thing i've seen for a long time.

• Content Count:  3391

It's shit like this that is going to cause everyone to move to an ad-hoc network in the near future. Wireless is already ubiquitous, we just need to get people to band together and start pirate-internet.

Fuck everything about this bill and the people supporting it.

• Content Count:  1719

...with the difference that the sites they decide to censor will be completely removed from the internet and not just in the US.

Hahaha.... yeah riiiiight....

(Before I utter my words, please notice, I am talking about the American goverment, NOT the American people. The Americans are great!)

How stupid is the American goverment? Do they seriously believe that they would be able to competely remove websites with non-American servers? The American goverment needs to wake up and understand, they are the American goverment, NOT the world goverment.

And yeah, seriously, sucks to be you in this case : (

Reply to Thread