? servers

? players online

What is going on with SG? ...

Guest barackobama

Also, I was just having a discussion with someone, I really couldn't give a fuck, and I think I speak on behalf of SG, that other communities will take advantage of this thread, like "See GarfieldH don't care about SG, come play on my shitty servers" well I do care about SG, but why try and fix everything, when it ain't going to be fixed. If I banned all the trolls truly, we'd have no members.. I've accepted that SG has chosen this destiny, and with trolls or without, we're still one of the best non online commercial communities in the world (yes the fucking world!) we're SG, we're unique, this is just how we roll. We the members of SG, make SG the way it is, and to be honest, I check here every fucking hour, so I'm pretty much enjoying it, and we still get thousands of people play on our servers a month, and so what, not all of them want to sign up to the forums, but it still means we're going strong.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  5086

To addon to Newts ban since this appears to be an issue. The night before his perm he was trolling the shit out of Afamad and constantly crowbarring/stalking Afamad just so Afa would kill him and get Afa killed in the process. Honestly I like Newt, great player and fun to have around but that doesn't make anyone exempt from the rules. When I noticed his recent ban I was about to go look into the logs for proof from last night, but he was already permed so there no point. I imagine his ban isn't just for what happened between Caution and Highsky but a plethora of rule breaking. Would I still like to see him unpermed? Yes, but I don't want to have to deal with him trolling certain members because it's funny when they're obvious bothered by it. Would I like to see a bit more fairness in appeals, or even bans of members? Yes again.

Anytime I play with Afamad he causes no issues, but certain people constantly instigate him based on his previous record. He hasn't been banned since his unperm and I've had no complaints.. so I don't know why you guys just can't let him be. You could replace Afamad's name with several other players as well. Don't hold yourself so high and mighty when you're trolling and having a good old time until you decide if offends you then cry.

As with Vader, again if he posts the proof we'll review it and take action from there.

fucking essays man.

• Like 7
Edited by jeN
Guest barackobama

I must confirm with the community, I and always will look at the word "trolling" differently. My sense of trolling is having fun banter. Not being nasty. So in other words. You'll still be banned for trolling (starting shit for no reason, ect). I meant that the members of SG have a tendency to be humor like and witty.

• Content Count:  11501

I'd also like to point out that Drox & I basically resolved our discussion in this thread, for anyone who cares to read it. I don't like threads to be locked with unanswered questions, so check in there for the basis of what happened.

The people who obviously were agreeing that I'm either a troll or a bad higher up because of this incident should really find out what happened before passing judgments. Some of you jump the gun waaaaaaaaaaay to soon and assume things. If anyone has an issue with myself, inquiries about what happened, or if you'd like to see a demo of what happened, feel free to shoot me a PM.

My definition of trolling is maliciously harassing a person or people in order to receive personal gain ("lols", if you will). This was not the case, and trust me, I'd NEVER do that on anything related to SG. I spend hours of my free time helping out on here; I'm not about to troll somewhere I do that at.

Do I apologize for what happened with Vader? No. I do not feel myself nor the other 3 were in the wrong. What I do apologize for is me not stating what exactly happened in the first place. It seems some of you were confused and assumed that we were RDMing or something of the sort; not what happened. Like I said, any problems / inquiries / whatever, feel free to shoot me a PM.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread