? servers

? players online

has anyone considered this?

• Content Count:  8383

Third, I didn't say it IS the reason, once again i am stating it MAY BE a factor

Sixth, would you like it if you were frustrated so you do one little thing then get yourself banned? I THINK NOT, so don't go thinking no-one else has emotions (like me).

I quoted the only 2 parts of your post that I will address, first it isnt a factor. If people are scared to get banned then its because they are usually doing something wrong. If someone is spamming that someone else should be banned then they also can be accountable for breaking the rules if thats the issue here.

Secondly, like I said we use warnings. If your that frustrated where warnings dont work for you even for these so called minor offenses, then you should take a break from our servers since a ban will be your future.

It isnt a issue in my opinion, people follow the rules on ALL of our servers or they will suffer the same outcome on any of them if they persist on ignoring admin warnings and our rules, no matter what their excuse may be.

• Content Count:  4473

Here comes the rape train....

First off, I HAVE read many reasons why the server is dying

And you think your reasons are just as valid because...? You never mention how anything you may have read has had any relation to what you are talking about.

Second, one quote can not sum up my whole 'essay' XD it has multiple points not one

It has multiple points to back up one general statement. You were trying to show one thing, that banning people for ridiculous things is attributing to the death of the ZE server. You brought up other things that all tried to back up that ONE statement. Notice how I also mentioned it was the general theory behind your post. I am also using the term theory VERY loosely in your case.

I'm so happy you used quotes around the word essay.

Third, I didn't say it IS the reason, once again i am stating it MAY BE a factor

I am stating it is most likely not a factor, and if it is, not a big enough one to even consider. I understand you didn't say it was the one, sole reason (which if you had read correctly, you would have understood).

Fourth, the way you word your sentences is showing slight dislike towards me for no apparent reason. If you DO have something against me them pm it to me...

Are you fucking joking me? Let's look at how you respond when I disagreed with you.

ok have you read my post wrong AGAIN?

Seriously why do people change the word order of the statements to criticise it. Or your comprehension skills aren't paticularly 'perfect'

Usually I would say I respect your opinion, however (no offence) but that reply is far from valid italian jew....

Your first response:

You start out by assuming I read it wrong and emphasized it wasn't the first time this had happened. Everyone has understood what you have been saying, but you claim otherwise because we don't agree.

You then claim I changed your word order, which I didn't. Then you say my comprehension skills are not up to par. HARDY FUCKING HAR-HAR!

You end it saying my point is invalid without listing specifics and relying on the idea that since I am disagreeing with you with valid points, I must be unable to comprehend your "brilliant" theory behind the issue.

Let's take a look at your second response, or at least the part that chafes my nuts:

Ok wow... again, comprehension skills?

Questioning my comprehension...AGAIN? See what I did there? I am reading it and comprehending it as you put it out. You are either not effectively relaying your idea or are completely wrong, but refuse to understand where everyone else is coming from. To be honest, I think it is a bit of both.

So, my reasons for my dislike for you? You do not respect any other idea besides your own and attribute any disagreement to a lack of comprehension. You are insulting my intelligence. That is why I dislike you at the moment.

O

Fifth, you edited your post to put a quote in, that SHOWS your argument has changed to make mine seem invalid....

If I edited in the quote, why would that matter? I am using your own words to shoot down your argument making my argument that much stronger. Your argument seems invalid because of what you say and how you're saying it.

Sixth, would you like it if you were frustrated so you do one little thing then get yourself banned? I THINK NOT, so don't go thinking no-one else has emotions (like me).

If you do something minor and get banned, guess what? You're banned for up to an hour. Don't break the rules, it is so god damn simple. If you do it again, you will be banned for a longer time because you do not respect the rules. It is such a simple concept that works.

If you are frustrated for being banned, DON'T BREAK THE RULES! There is no reason for changing the way we dish out punishments because a select few people cannot follow the rules when the vast majority of SG has no problem with them. Bending over backwards for less than a handful of people is just stupid.

Finally, READ MY POSTS AGAIN

I can read them a million more times and it won't change anything.

What else are you going to try next?

• Content Count:  2553

ok i'm going to right my response starting from the top and ending at the bottom of your text wall...

Here comes the rape-o-copter....

First off, this post is about the suggestion(and question) that i am making,(this is for everyone who has replied) I am NOT saying it is right, I'm SAYING it COULD be a FACTOR.

Second, there ARE multiple points that I have made, the links to the MAIN point COULD count as evidence.

Third, I don't care whether it is true or not, big or small. I am just stating a possibility. At least you got some of that....

Fourth, the comprehension skills bit was a JOKE, GET OVER IT. I understand people may not agree, I'm just don't really find the reason you gave on the previous post to be exactly reflecting what i TYPED. Then you believe that I think my theory is 'brilliant', I do not; I was stating something that probably isn't true, I'm just another person trying to help....

Fifth, because the statement you said first didn't exactly reply to what I meant (I understand if you miss-read it) but then you use a quote that doesn't fully support your suggestion

Sixth, I don't believe I have been banned (have I?) I'm just trying to apply some empathy so I can make a new point (You do know what empathy is right? Primary school?). And I clearly stated that the people I'm talking about are others outside SG. They are the regulars I am talking about; they could just leave like that *click* and then the server population drops. Get it?

You can read the posts a billion times and still get it wrong from the point of view you are reading it from.

And drox, I respect your opinion because it is well thought and calmly wrote.

However, lets see the people who have been reported, did the majority of them get banned with a warning? *insert name here* has just gone and reported them without warnings(it's true). Also I am not saying I feel uncomfortable, in fact far from it(I was just saying everyone has feelings, and I was the first example I would have thought of :laugh:), I am saying that some people would have been reported by me but I realized how frustrated and stressed they are, even after warnings they persist but they were only committing minor offences so I just let it slide.

And once again do I have to state that I am not against the rules, but players get uncomfortable when CERTAIN PEOPLE join. (not admins, they make them feel safe)

My definition of minor offences:

Fail zombie retry, it is pretty funny for nearly everyone if a fail zombie retries.

Un-aimed trolling, quite pathetic and funny.

Activating others objects: It is amusing and not THAT harmful

Fake afk(it's not against the rules is it?): From what *insert name here* said, you can get banned from this. It is commonly done in voodoo and everyone knows to be careful, if a human is caught then we all laugh

Anything else that doesn't really annoy 25% of the server....

I respect your opinions

I will try to help the community as well as I can (without paypal :sad:)

By H/Z/K

Edited by HZK

• Content Count:  2115

First off, this post is about the suggestion(and question) that i am making,(this is for everyone who has replied) I am NOT saying it is right, I'm SAYING it COULD be a FACTOR.

You're basically like every new person joining the Politics/News section, you pull points out of your ass, and after being criticized to hell and back start defending it as your opinion.

Second, there ARE multiple points that I have made, the links to the MAIN point COULD count as evidence.

Alright, let me go give you my opinion on your points:

The regular players(not members) have been banned once or twice so that makes them less-confident with server so they leave the servers and go to new ones, or they have been permed.

This is an opinion, back this up with a damn survey or something, which I know you wouldn't because both you and I know that 95% of this community couldn't agree more with our admins for banning griefers and trolls.

I am just saying, the people that bring life to the server have all been bored or banned so they will make other servers better.

If they bring life to our server by blowing bridges on people, than I'd much rather take an empty server than a server full of griefers and trolls.

People like hunti, he gave everyone a good time, and now he's banned. JimW also did that and since hes been banned three times and, if he has read the forums, he will PROBABLY be not-so secure with the server. Also x-liner has been reported, he was a great player to be with, he got into an arguement with *insert name here* but I was on x-liners side because I respect him from the way he handled it, they are just SOME examples...

I do not know these people, but by the way it sounds, just refer to my first post. You stating that "he gave everyone a good time", or "he was a great player to be with", that is your opinion. Just because you think he is the comedian of the century, doesn't mean other people didn't get pissed off. And once again stating what Italian Jew has said, being banned or being on your second strike is intended to make people feel uneasy and give them the thought of "shit, I better not fuck up again." They shouldn't have fucked up in the first place if they didn't want to feel uncomfortable. Also, when X-Liner got reported, you just proved my point that he apparently pissed someone off.

And because the regular players have gone, new players will not join, and since the new players won't join, only events have filled the server.

Fair enough, but banning people for small reasons is not the reason Regular players are gone. Reasons are: Gmod, WoW, Minecraft and CoD:Black Ops, and this statement I can back up with shitloads of evidence.

Most people don't bother with the motd so they just do what they think is right, but one small slip WILL get them banned if *insert name here* is on the server.

Holy shit, that's why our rules are on the damn MOTD, so people have to acknowledge them before playing. What, do you think we need to have this little mod where everyone who joins has to hit "I agree to the rules" in order to be allowed to play? Because that's the way you're making it sound. And again, whatever they think is right may very well not be right here. Hell, I can go to [enter X clan here]'s server and yell racists term at them, and this will get me banned from SteamGamers. I can curse like a sailor on the SteamGamers servers, and that will get me banned on the eGo servers.

Basically, please stop banning everyone for small offences and keep the regulars REGULAR.

This does not sound like an opinion to me. Neither does it sound like you though it was" most likely not true".

Third, I don't care whether it is true or not, big or small. I am just stating a possibility. At least you got some of that....

Refer to very first respons.

Fourth, the comprehension skills bit was a JOKE, GET OVER IT. I understand people may not agree, I'm just don't really find the reason you gave on the previous post to be exactly reflecting what i TYPED. Then you believe that I think my theory is 'brilliant', I do not; I was stating something that probably isn't true, I'm just another person trying to help....

Whilst help is appreciated, you're once once again juts more and more bashing your own idea to make yourself look better, i.e. claim it as an opinion and state it as most likely "not true".

Fifth, because the statement you said first didn't exactly reply to what I meant (I understand if you miss-read it) but then you use a quote that doesn't fully support your suggestion

Jesus fuck, Italian Jew basically summed up your post by saying that players get uncomfortable when they get banned, and he based his statement off that. And if you take all the sugarcoating off, that's all you're trying to say, and that's your reason as to why Regulars are gone.

Sixth, I don't believe I have been banned (have I?) I'm just trying to apply some empathy so I can make a new point (You do know what empathy is right? Primary school?). And I clearly stated that the people I'm talking about are others outside SG. They are the regulars I am talking about; they could just leave like that *click* and then the server population drops. Get it?

Again, rather an empty server than a server full of assholes making our admins look like they don't give a shit.

You can read the posts a billion times and still get it wrong from the point of view you are reading it from.

Italian Jew is not getting it wrong, and honestly, out of all god damn forum members, he should be one of the last people that you can claim as not being able to comprehend your post correctly.

However, lets see the people who have been reported, did the majority of them get banned with a warning? *insert name here* has just gone and reported them without warnings(it's true). Also I am not saying I feel uncomfortable, in fact far from it(I was just saying everyone has feelings, and I was the first example I would have thought of :laugh:), I am saying that some people would have been reported by me but I realized how frustrated and stressed they are, even after warnings they persist but they were only committing minor offences so I just let it slide.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE REPORTED. DO. NOT. FUCK. UP. You can play the game without blowing bridges on your teammates or yelling "YOU MAD BITCH" for four minutes straight. Your minor offences differ greatly from what we consider "minor offences"

And once again do I have to state that I am not against the rules, but players get uncomfortable when CERTAIN PEOPLE join. (not admins, they make them feel safe)

You just contradicted yourself. Players get uncomfortable when Certain People join? Fuck dude, that's exactly what we are trying to avoid by banning them, but you're so desperately trying to get us not to ban them.

Fail zombie retry, it is pretty funny for nearly everyone if a fail zombie retries.

No it's not. It's frustrating for everyone, especially those with a good lead, expecting a good round.

Someone yelling "YOU MAD?!?!" everytime someone dies does not amuse me.

Blow a fucking bridge and try to claim it as "not That harmful".

Fake afk(it's not against the rules is it?): From what *insert name here* said, you can get banned from this. It is commonly done in voodoo and everyone knows to be careful, if a human is caught then we all laugh

A fake afk should just be kicked, especially if he's all the way back at spawn, just to move the round forward. However, if you know for a fact someone is faking just to be kicked, i.e. seeing that person playing as a human one minute and then suddenly standing still the next as a zombie, I would argue that this seems like asking to get kicked, to avoid being a zombie.

I respect your opinions

Har Har.

[i attempted to address most of your points, seeing as that's why you're bitching about Italian Jew's point, because he didn't address all of them.

My definition of minor offences:

Anything else that doesn't really annoy 25% of the server....

I respect your opinions

I will try to help the community as well as I can (without paypal :sad:)

By H/Z/K

Like I said, there is no excuse for breaking rules. Your actually better off breaking a rule with a admin there to be somewhat nice then being reported since being reported usually means you knew a admin wasnt there an took advantage of it to hurt other players.

I'll go through your minor offenses here;

Zombie Retry: Always has been a huge rule on zombie escape and usually results in insta 1hour+ ban from me. If you open console and type "retry" you really have no excuse. I usually ask those who take time to leave and come back to why they d/c'd so they have a chance to defend themselves (Most ignore my request to explain which results in their ban). This is always a pain in the ass because it can be a auto-fuckup for the whole ct team which only 10% is laughing. I also dont ban someone who d/c'd but didnt come back since it probably wasnt thier fault.

Trolling: Trolling has always been a big issue on our servers, if someone is gonna act like a tough guy then they will be treated as one. We have no room for hardcore trolling, however we dont mind the funny small trolling since we all even do it on these forums once and awhile. It really just depends how much it is offending someone for action to be taken.

Activating others objects: I usually dont punish for this, such as someone hitting a staff someone is carrying and whatnot. However hitting objects that may fuck your whole team such as a bridge or taking a boat early can result in punishment (I use to freeze people with the old admin console but without that command we usually kick then go right to ban if they do it again.)

Fake afk zombie: I actually didnt know this was against the rules? Since its usually the only way a zombie can lure people in for the kill on the map voodoo, so I allow it. However for maps that didnt need a fake afk zombie I can see how it is a pain for someone to do it but like I said I never have punished for this and are unsure if it is even a rule or just something random admins get pissed off at and punish on their own.

All these things can annoy the server, but like I said depending on most of them and how they are handled depends if someone deserves a punishment. I cant however speak on a AO+ behalf since I am unsure how they view these rules when a complaint is made but Im sure they look at the proof and decide if its worth a ban or not.

• Content Count:  2553

Drox, thanx again for your calm and thoughdful post...

But did you notice that I added words to change the situation like:

FAIL zombie retry

UNAIMED trolling

just but pointing it out :smile:

ok, you know what?

Can we end this, i've stated one of my thougths.

I asked if anyone has thought of that

People gave their replies(some tense and angrry, some calm and halepful)

Lock please? Seriously?

Everyone who has posted has seemed to be angry with me, did I start a fire?

I was just backing up my point (kind of)..

JUST TO SUM UP WHAT I WAS GETTING TO:

Servers are built on regular players, when they leave, a new 'genereation' is hard to attract..

Edited by HZK

Drox, thanx again for your calm and thoughdful post...

But did you notice that I added words to change the situation like:

FAIL zombie retry

UNAIMED trolling

just but pinting it out :smile:

Its all the same ;) and most of the time it isnt that harmless where most people dont know they are testing the rules of the server. So they see if they will get in trouble or get away with it. lol

• Content Count:  1554

I believe there is a factor that no-one has mentioned(from what I have read) it is........

No one has really considered this because it has little effect on the server, but at least you tried to help I guess.

The amount of people we ban on the server these days is alot smaller compared to half a year ago or more mainly because of no-block, just less people trolling, etc.

The regular players(not members) have been banned once or twice so that makes them less-confident with server so they leave the servers and go to new ones, or they have been permed.

I don't understand what you mean by "less-confident" if they broke a rule on purpose, they know what they did.

I am just saying, the people that bring life to the server have all been bored or banned so they will make other servers better. People like hunti, he gave everyone a good time, and now he's banned. JimW also did that and since hes been banned three times and, if he has read the forums, he will PROBABLY be not-so secure with the server. Also x-liner has been reported, he was a great player to be with, he got into an arguement with *insert name here* but I was on x-liners side because I respect him from the way he handled it, they are just SOME examples...

I can see what your saying but.. "not so secure" not going to try to comprehend what you mean by that

Your being very strong about your opinion that "they brang life to the server AND gave EVERYONE a good time",

A few players that have been banned will not empty the server (like it has been) PERIOD.

I've played this server for almost 3 years and I've seen plenty of players like "them" come and go without an effect on the server as they are just players.

BTW I AM JUST STATING MY OPINION, THIS COULD BE A TRUE, BUT IT MAY JUST BE

THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT^ SO YOU CANNOT REPLY TO ME IN

ANGER

And because the regular players have gone, new players will not join, and since the new players won't join, only events have filled the server.

???, Sorry, but you really have NO IDEA what you are talking about do you lol. If this happened the server would die every 2-3 months which it has not the past couple years.

^I could be right but may be wrong, then again it's just an opinon.

Most people don't bother with the motd so they just do what they think is right, but one small slip WILL get them banned if *insert name here* is on the server. I know I have reported someone for one of these offences, but I did it to show *insert name here* that even people helping THEM can break rules and get reported, it's really frustrating!

I'm a very laid back admin, rarely ban people unless its really serious.

I would also like to see proof of this "one small slip" because we usually warn, kick, then ban if neccasary (Banning Protocol). SO if they didn't get the message after being warned and kicked it's no longer a "Minor" offence, we're pretty laid back, not the "STRICT POWER CRAZED ADMINS"

What I said in this whole post could be right or it could be wrong, but I'M JUST STATING MY OPINON.

So you have no right to be frustarated or angry about my post and must reply calmy as it is an opinion.

m216308243.gif

Seriously, sorry for replying angrily, but I just felt like it was needed since the way you put it was a little ignorant

You did try to help out though

Edited by Troy

Reply to Thread