? servers

? players online

Getting fired

• Content Count:  2994

Wait, let me get this straight, you are posting this in a community where drama is a part of the day, and expect people to feel sorry for you.

O.O

Oh well, hope you get a new job soon.

I hoped for some moderate-educated opinions on getting and losing a job, and some opinions and posts that relates to my similiar story, not "get well better soon"

Also

Bubbles has never had a job.

I can tell by the LOLOLOLOL's

• Content Count:  6741

Well yeah....it's the best place for me to get experience and then move up the ladder.

That's why I didn't go to McDonalds >_>

McDonalds actually have a pretty good system in place for moving 'good' people up the ladder into management and better payments :)

• Content Count:  6712

McDonalds actually have a pretty good system in place for moving 'good' people up the ladder into management and better payments :)

You start on better pay at Waitrose though :) (and a nice yearly bonus of around 15% every March)......and generally I'd rather be working at Waitrose than McDonalds...better working environment.

• Content Count:  2186

I think he means like, in north-europe(denmark, sweden, norway etc.) it's easier to get a job than anywhere in the world.

Exactly ... Lolwhat?

I have been unemployed for 4 months now, I have applied for 200-250 jobs and been at 10 interviews - everything ranging from cleaning to cashier.. I have a hell of a good CV, compared to my age, but still no job..

If that is easy I am certainly glad I don't live anywhere else! I'm jolly happy!

• Content Count:  274

Don't worry man. A Person like you will find a good job. Canada's worst place to find jobs seriously. My Dad had no job due to the stock market failing like sh*t he finally has a job selling hot dogs really? I feel like losing respect for him but he needs the money. Hopefully things turn good for you.

• Content Count:  4960

Exactly ... Lolwhat?

I have been unemployed for 4 months now, I have applied for 200-250 jobs and been at 10 interviews - everything ranging from cleaning to cashier.. I have a hell of a good CV, compared to my age, but still no job..

If that is easy I am certainly glad I don't live anywhere else! I'm jolly happy!

That's because nowadays a lot of the time you need to use social networking (No, not Facebook) and connections like old friends, prior professors, prior teachers, prior coworkers, old classmates, family, even the TA at your University/College, to get yourself a job that's actually pretty decent.

A lot the good jobs I've found haven't been from the places I found with 'HELP WANTED' signs or in the classified section or in monster.ca, they've been the places I've been referred to and for by prior classmates, professors, old coworkers, etc.

As the years progress with baby boomers (and some of their kids) retiring it theoretically should be easier for us young guys---YES 18-30 is young, STOP acting like you're 46. But then again, as we move higher as a society, education staples like bachelors degrees has been slowly been being replaced as the requirement standard in workplaces by masters degrees compeitition will be out there, but like I said, having good and reliable referrals gives you a nice step up against the guys with the higher education along with also being a previous apprentice or intern.

Best advice to you though Omar, is just don't let it discourage you. Even though they didn't give you a reason for firing you, at least try to find out so you can better yourself.

*EDIT*

Don't worry man. A Person like you will find a good job. Canada's worst place to find jobs seriously. My Dad had no job due to the stock market failing like sh*t he finally has a job selling hot dogs really? I feel like losing respect for him but he needs the money. Hopefully things turn good for you.

Wrong.

Edited by Coffee Crisp

• Content Count:  11725

I myself have only had two jobs.

Working at a gas station isnt that bad.

You get to meet a lot of people, get better at doing math quick and you get to kick people out of the store.

I hope you are able to find another job.

Reply to Thread