? servers

? players online

The american dream

• Content Count:  2284

30 minutes?! TL:DW fuck that. Can someone give me a quick summery of the vid?

How you're basically using money that's nonexistent and nobody cares as long as they can go home watch their DVR and play their video games.

Oh, and how we think that we as the people have power when, in reality, we don't. We've just been fed lies after lies, which in turn they take our money.

Edited by Lucid

• Content Count:  6084

What's that Lassie? Money can be multiplied via loaning and the Fed regulates the magnitude of lending in the country by buying and selling ETFs at a macro level? What a fucking shocker.

EDIT as I watch this: Hey look, gross, misleading misinterpretation of monetary system. The Fed is autonomous (minus the board of governors who are appointed by the President, sworn in by the Senate, and overseen by committees in the House and Senate) and has reason to be, caving into popular demands (which they do anyways, look at Greenspan) is often unhealthy for financial regulation.

I fucking loved the ZOMG MONEY PRINTERS part. Once again, loaning multiplies money. There's somewhere in the ballpark of only 1-2 billion dollars in hard cash in the country, the rest of the "GDP" is tied into future investments and capital.

I'm sorry, I'm 9 minutes in and I can't watch this shit any longer. I won't claim to be an expert in finance, but I DID pay attention in macroeconomics, and that professor fapped to Palin every night. He had personal qualms he explained to us about the Fed, mainly dealing with Keynesian theory but he wouldn't try to (neither would my Microeconomics professor who was so high on the market's ethical and moral obligations that I wanted to gag) fall back on the "founding fathers wanted us to keep a gold standard" bullshit when there wasn't even consensus then about how to manage currency.

Who would have thought cartoons are a poor method of obtaining accurate, or even equivocal presentations of information?

Also, I did appreciate the Clockwork Orange reference. Classy.

Edited by PotshotPolka

• Content Count:  6712

I fucking loved the ZOMG MONEY PRINTERS part.

Didn't you know that GMOD RPG is a realistic simulation of the American Economic system?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2034

What's that Lassie? Money can be multiplied via loaning and the Fed regulates the magnitude of lending in the country by buying and selling ETFs at a macro level? What a fucking shocker.

EDIT as I watch this: Hey look, gross, misleading misinterpretation of monetary system. The Fed is autonomous (minus the board of governors who are appointed by the President, sworn in by the Senate, and overseen by committees in the House and Senate) and has reason to be, caving into popular demands (which they do anyways, look at Greenspan) is often unhealthy for financial regulation.

I fucking loved the ZOMG MONEY PRINTERS part. Once again, loaning multiplies money. There's somewhere in the ballpark of only 1-2 billion dollars in hard cash in the country, the rest of the "GDP" is tied into future investments and capital.

I'm sorry, I'm 9 minutes in and I can't watch this shit any longer. I won't claim to be an expert in finance, but I DID pay attention in macroeconomics, and that professor fapped to Palin every night. He had personal qualms he explained to us about the Fed, mainly dealing with Keynesian theory but he wouldn't try to (neither would my Microeconomics professor who was so high on the market's ethical and moral obligations that I wanted to gag) fall back on the "founding fathers wanted us to keep a gold standard" bullshit when there wasn't even consensus then about how to manage currency.

Who would have thought cartoons are a poor method of obtaining accurate, or even equivocal presentations of information?

Also, I did appreciate the Clockwork Orange reference. Classy.

You got 4 times farther than I could before turning it off...

Reply to Thread