? servers

? players online

Try my game!

• Content Count:  69

hmm, its a pretty basic game, some of the hit tests are very dogy, like the saws for example, mainly that cos the way they work, with squares. Are you using a virtual camera and moving the player around? or are you moving everything except for the player? that might be a small improvement to look into if you havnt already. The graphics need a bit of work, at the moment you just have basic shapes, with the default line size, which looks a bit dodgy, even if you had made the lines a little larger i think it might have been an improvement :p Its a good idea, you just need to keep working on it. The main thing to get sorted though are the hittests, as they make the game seem very buggy because you can die when you seem to just miss the saw blades and lazers, but then you would need to maybe split it up into multiple sections to do a hitTest with the player.

• Content Count:  69

Good game. I just started coding in AS2.0 aswell, just the basics like a racegame with timer or snake.

lolz, those two types of games dont sound very basic to make ;)

• Content Count:  2686

hmm, its a pretty basic game, some of the hit tests are very dogy, like the saws for example, mainly that cos the way they work, with squares. Are you using a virtual camera and moving the player around? or are you moving everything except for the player? that might be a small improvement to look into if you havnt already. The graphics need a bit of work, at the moment you just have basic shapes, with the default line size, which looks a bit dodgy, even if you had made the lines a little larger i think it might have been an improvement :p Its a good idea, you just need to keep working on it. The main thing to get sorted though are the hittests, as they make the game seem very buggy because you can die when you seem to just miss the saw blades and lazers, but then you would need to maybe split it up into multiple sections to do a hitTest with the player.

I plan to fix the hitTest by making a box smaller than the laser or saw and then adding it to the laser/saw. That way you die if you touch the smaller box, not the box of the laser/saw movieclip :p

Reply to Thread