? servers

? players online

iPod heaphones=mic

• Content Count:  3343

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they do not.

Apple earbuds only include the microphone when you buy them separately or with the iPod Touch 3G. By default you will receive apple earbuds that have no controls (no volume control or mic).

My mom just literally bought a old ipod from the apple store and got the ones with microphone. Your argument sucks now. Also he was talking about how the ones with the volume control, has a microphone. Great first post.

• Content Count:  5086

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they do not.

Apple earbuds only include the microphone when you buy them separately or with the iPod Touch 3G. By default you will receive apple earbuds that have no controls (no volume control or mic).

He means that the earbud itself can double as a mic.

Anyhow, this works on a good amount of headphones afaik, never bothered trying it my myself since I always figured it'd be bad quality or annoying to hold an earbud to your mouth and talk.

• Content Count:  29

My mom just literally bought a old ipod from the apple store and got the ones with microphone. Your argument sucks now. Also he was talking about how the ones with the volume control, has a microphone. Great first post.

orly? I just recently bought an iPod 4G and it came with the default ones without volume control or a microphone.. Hmm..

Also, he didn't only state the one with the volume control has the microphone:

There are 3 versions of headphones that I know of. The old crappy ones that hurt your ears, the newer ones that have a much sleeker look, and the newest ones with volume control on the cord of the right earpiece. I'm using the newest ones just FYI, but AFAIK it works on all three (probably worse quality for older ones)

Your asshole comment is now invalid.

He means that the earbud itself can double as a mic.

The earbud doesn't have a microphone in it; the specific earbuds with a volume control contain a microphone in the same area as the pause/play button on the right side..

• Content Count:  2284

orly? I just recently bought an iPod 4G and it came with the default ones without volume control or a microphone.. Hmm..

Also, he didn't only state the one with the volume control has the microphone:

The earbud doesn't have a microphone in it; the specific earbuds with a volume control contain a microphone in the same area as the pause/play button on the right side..

You should go get your money back, pretty much all new iPods these days come with them, I bought my iPod touch 3G and it came with them. Hence is why they have an application that allows you to record your voice.

Obviously it's not going to be in the ear bud, that would be idiotic.

• Content Count:  1166

I have two unuse ones of these:

iphonehandsfreebulk.JPG

no microphone.

unless you are talking about these?:

OEM-Original-Apple-Headphones-Handsfree-Headset-with-Remote-Mic_212KKIi49WL._300_300.jpg

Yes, the ones with the little rectangular device on the cord in between one bud and the wire split double as a microphone. Mine suddenly stopped working though, as the new Dell update makes you go through this new Audio Input/Output thingy, and the headphones were useless. On the other hand, it gave me an excuse to buy this, which is a blessing.

Reply to Thread