? servers

? players online

Mead Making: My New Hobby - Want some tasty combinations

• Content Count:  2186

Thank you :O

Hell, if I knew proper ages of people, I wouldn't have minded shipping some bottles out to share the product.

Making mead isn't really that difficult of a process; a child could do it really. Making good mead takes a bit more finesse. It's only as good at your ingredients, and shit is expensive around here.

$8 for a 40oz container of storebought honey...not cheap when you want 30+ pounds of the stuff.

22 and ready to receive! :d

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1120

Booze is for the ladies only!

Meeting women was the entire point of this thread..obviously.

Although Jewpiter...the trade does sound nice. Mead does take some time to age though before it an individual should drink it...downside of being wine basically.

EDIT: Unless you are living in Europe, I would highly suggest not purchasing a bottle from your local ethnic market. Only hear horrible reviews.

http://www.hiddenlegendwinery.com/landing.asp

I think a few bottles of these are contest/competition winners, so take a look. Prices are reasonable and it's has your traditional meads(Honey & Water) to more fruit melomel(Chokecherry & Blackberry).

Little info and backstory can be found here too.

Edited by Elleon

• Content Count:  577

If your still taking suggestions, I don't think you could go wrong with something with a hint of pomegranate in it.

It's a pretty neutral flavor but can also compliment something really well. :)

If your still taking suggestions, I don't think you could go wrong with something with a hint of pomegranate in it.

It's a pretty neutral flavor but can also compliment something really well. :)

Yeah, I was actually tossing around the idea of pomegranate myself. It is a little mellow, little bitter, but it could definitely work with the right quantity.

Curious though, since i don't drink or eat much of it myself. Anything in particular when you say it could compliment something well?

I picture a dry pom wine with something a bit sweet and sour.

As far as a dessert you are talking about?

Any dish really, or none. Kinda curious if or what may have come to mind when you said compliment.

What picture came to mind? Eating a steak, sitting on the beach, conversing with friends, just relaxing in a lazy boy...food, the setting..that kind of thing.

EDIT: Also, fruit and combo recommendations are still welcome by anyone else who may want to add to the thread.

Edited by Elleon

Reply to Thread