? servers

? players online

Where in the World is Matt Lauer?

• Content Count:  6242

Its that time of year again! For those that follows NBC's Today show know of this wonderful segment. I ment to get the first clue up on Friday after work but I forgot:sad:.

First Clue:

We'll travel great distances in almost no time and let a fair wind take us to a place where the people look in their prime, but the prime rate won't bust the bank.

I have no clue where this could be. Great distances in no time could be a flight over the north pole, but would have to be a place where the economy isn't too bad. Somewhere in Scandinavia possibly? My offical guess is Denmark.

Watch starting today at 7 AM EST for the reveal and then around 8:50 AM EST for the next clue.

Nope its been a year. They do it for May sweeps now.

*Edit* Our weather guy said he thinks the European cenrtal bank in Germany. Head Director and Producer thinks Geneva, Switzerland. If you can't tell I work at an NBC TV station :)

*Edit Pt.2* Man we were all off. The answer was Buenos Aires, Argentina. Here's the explaination of the clue:

"We'll travel great distances in almost no time" - Time Zones, Buenos Aires is only 1 hour different from NYC.

"and let a fair wind take us to a place" - Earliest translation of the city Buenos Aires was 'fair wind'.

"where the people look in their prime" - Biggest per capita of plastic surgery in the world.

"but the prime rate won't bust the bank." - Prices of beef are low because of the number of cows and ranches.

Edited by SpikedRocker

Sorry for the DP but I feel its necessary to seperate the clues.

Clue #2:

"The people in our second destination are accustomed to being looked down on...we'll let the winds lead us to them...and we should get there on time...unless we stop for the lights."

Me and another tv director here thinks it could be Antartica but it could be Western Austrailia. The trade winds off of the coast of Argentina head in that direction. Definatly still in the southern hemispehere, but leaning more towards Antartica due to the Southern Lights (aurora borialis effect for the southern hemisphere). So what do you think? Answer will be reveiled around 7:05 AM EST tomarrow!

• Content Count:  1230

I'm going to have to go with Australia. They are the land "down" under, and you mentioned the winds head in that direction. The Northern hemisphere has the Aurora Borealis whereas the Southern hemisphere has the Aurora Australis. It's not just Antarctica that gets to see the colors, Australia and other countries are affected as well. I remember the Aurora Australis from The Wild Thornberrys :w00t:

Wow were we off on this one. The answer is Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Heres the explaination:

"The people in our second destination are accustomed to being looked down on" - Due to the brothels and the freelifestyle

"...we'll let the winds lead us to them" - the country's vast windmills through out the land.

"...and we should get there on time...unless we stop for the lights." - The Red Light District.

Day 3 Clue:

"This country is an anagram of a synonym of a homophone of an even prime number."

This clue is complicated. Take one word, change its meaning, change to a differnet word that spells this country.

You got the Prime number TWO is a homophone of TO or TOO and since TO has no synonym its TOO.

Synonyms of TOO are - also, besides, further, furthermore, item, likewise, more, moreover, still, and yet.

Now one of those words re-arragned into the country's name.

*EDIT* Figured it out...Laos! woo hoo! hopefully I'm right.

Edited by SpikedRocker
solved

Reply to Thread