? servers

? players online

A Whistleblowers Response...

Guest barackobama

So it's settled, I thank Spikeds post and response. I hope this can be done with.

Yes I have sold SG. But a further post will be explained later.

Garf

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4198

I honestly never really cared for this TNS and SG squabble. From what I've seen over the years it seems that the communities themselves really don't care about what the other one does, but both the leaders of TNS and SG seem to use their playerbase as a sort of weapon against the other. Those who got suckered into it end up being banned from one community or even both. It's pathetic on both ends.

I can't speak for the BDs+ (since I don't have access to their sub-forum) but the AOs and below in terms of administrative ranks basically never cared about TNS or anyone from there, we just got on with internal problems within the community rather than going around spewing hate speeches about TNS. The closest we've come to being actively involved with TNS issues is if someone attacked them in some way (whether that be DDoSing or whatever) and we would pre-emptively ban them because more often than not they would jump boat over here straight after. Even then we would have done the same had any other community provided us with details about a known hacker/attacker.

It's sad to see Spiked let the cat out of the bag on this one, since I had a fair deal of respect for him. Whether you attain any benefit out of it or not, we kept things under wraps because we wanted to ease the community into it. I'm not saying we tried to pull the wool over their eyes, but the AOs+ found out ages ago and whilst it took us a while to warm to the idea, it's been discussed to death and a lot of what has been put forward for this community is stuff that we've wanted to see for a long time. We've put countless questions forward and been given responses to every single one of them, and if they went against what we want to see this community become then it would be modified, scrapped or improved upon.

It wasn't mentioned earlier because certain people like to use drastic changes as ammunition and then we get this snowball effect. Everyone seems to jump on the bandwagon of higher up hatred, a thread is made by the most attention-starved member out there, it gets locked, and then people stop caring and realise their community is basically the same. The only difference being is that this time there will be some cool changes, but they'll be for the better. I know what I'm saying sounds borderline cliche stuff, but most of the AOs have been here a hell of a long time and we know what you guys want and have had Amit's original plans changed around (not that they were horrible to begin with, I had to change my pants several times when reading what he had in mind for SG).

Anyway, I've spent ages typing this out only to find out just now that the thread has been locked. :f7u12:

Feel free to message me if you have any further questions about what's going down and I'll answer them within reason. I'll outline the general gist of things but won't bore you with the details. There isn't really anything bad that we were hiding, but change in this community is really something some people find hard to cope with.

• Like 6

Reply to Thread