? servers

? players online

Gotta Question About Surgery

• Content Count:  1330

has anyone ever had a ruptured disc removed? i have one in my lower back from a tree fall months ago and this Wednesday im having it removed so im just wondering how long does it generally take to recover if anyone here has had one? and is it painful afterwards? also ive never had surgery so idk lol.

• Content Count:  4960

Surgery is always painful after. I'm guessing you'll have to use a back brace for a while after the surgery and will have to do some therapy sessions with a chiropractor for a fair bit too. To recover 100% could take weeks to months, even years. It depends on how serious the injury is and for how long it's been instigated (doing a lot of kneeling/bending around and putting pressure on the back for example). I think someone has a better answer though.

• Content Count:  1330

Heal naturally. The operation will hurt alot, and the only benefit is to be full healthy sooner. And like Harpr33t said, do it if it's your last choice only.

it basically is my last choice its herniated sorry not ruptured and its been like this for months, there going to remove the disc and thats it, they told me it wouldnt be a big deal if it wasnt pressing down onto my sciatic nerve which also causes pain down the buttocks and the back of my leg, i got my paperwork today, they said that it should take only maybe 2 weeks to heal if i do everything im told to do.

• Content Count:  4960

you're fucked

sucks

=[

Mr. Sarcasm.

I hope the surgery goes well and you won't have too much pain afterwards.

I think it's better to have the surgery. Doctors won't say you have to get one if they don't see another option.

Good luck

Reply to Thread