? servers

? players online

Is it worth?

• Content Count:  3341

My cousin used to be a game tester for CD Projekt (Polish gaming brand, they made "The witcher", Heroes of Might and Magic 5, and other games). He said the money is not bad, but the job is super boring. You pretty much sit all day on 1 level looking for glitches, bugs and shit like that. Then after you're done that, you write a fucking 820198382104 page essay that explains every glitch/bug. And when the game is still in alpha it probably has like 972398749823749823749234623 glitches. So goodluck with that.

• Content Count:  6466

:troll: What did that guy say?

OnTopic.

Ik you have to find every single glitch/bug/error in game. But yes, I am addicted to computers. I spend more than 6-12 hours per day playing games. And I think this is a future job, technology evolves fast, computers evolve fast, games evolve fast. And that part with giving you free games tempts me even more.

Everyone thinks getting to be a game tester means you get to play the new upcoming hit releases like Crysis 3 or the next version of CS:S or fable 4 or whatever the fuck is coming out that everyone is hyped up about.

Not the case, unless you get lucky and work with a big company like Ubisoft (which is hard to get into) you'll be game testing a good game maybe once in a blue moon, and shitty indie releases the rest.

You may think free games would be cool, you won't say that when you're forced to spend the rest of your week playing Hello Kitty's newest game for 8 year olds to find glitches.

Honestly you're better off actually learning to make the games or help create them than testing them. Cause even then if you're stuck making a shitty game, you can always do a shoddy job of coding it and give it to the game testers for them to figure out what shit is wrong with it then give you a nice essay describing whats wrong so you can find it and fix it easy.

• Content Count:  1845

are there any game testers like people think anymore? don't you have to have some programing knowledge and what not. i can't imagine getting paid that much either.

• Content Count:  6712

If you're really set on doing something in gaming then this is probably the worst job of the lot, yet people are under the illusion it's the best and easiest. It's nothing like "Lol I get to sit on my sofa naked and shout at noobs all day whilst I test the new CoD".

If you really want to game test then like some people have said, your best bet is getting into the journalism side or getting into the development side.

You should also take into account that you don't have to do I.T. specific courses to do these kinds of jobs, yet alone gaming specific stuff. Head developer of FIFA used to be a scientist.....just do the courses that you like at school and see where it takes you..most of the time if you do good courses and get good grades you can choose from a whole host of careers.

Reply to Thread