? servers

? players online

Anyone with airport / airfare interest?

• Content Count:  2186

I'm looking for a reliable magazine, website, newspublisher about anything related to airports and airfare.. Preferably with a focus on airport security!

Anyone? :clap::clap::clap::clap:

• Content Count:  1025

I'm a little confused what you mean; are you looking for magazines about airport security agencies, such as the TSA/NSA/Air Marshals/etc?

Or are you looking more for information about our current airport security (which airports have body-scanners and whatnot) and which airports are more secure?

Like a set of articles about different means of security in airports. It is as a part of a project in my school (I got the task of analysing various security means).. So basically everything related to airport security - or more specific, passenger security checks.. :)

I am, brah, and it's not homework - its a report :p I just don't know all the great sources for this type of info that is out there..! :d

BloodyBunneh - my major is about the exact opposite ;)

• Content Count:  1719

Just call any airport and ask if you could set up a meeting with the one who are responsible for the security. Tell him that it's for a school project. If he accepts it, make sure you're well prepared with questions written down when you get there. If he doesn't have time for a meeting, instead send the questions by e-mail to him. When it comes to school-projects, you would be surprised of how many companies wants to help you out.

I had a similiar homework once about security in cars. So I called VOLVO and they were more than happy to help me out with my questions :)

Just call any airport and ask if you could set up a meeting with the one who are responsible for the security. Tell him that it's for a school project. If he accepts it, make sure you're well prepared with questions written down when you get there. If he doesn't have time for a meeting, instead send the questions by e-mail to him. When it comes to school-projects, you would be surprised of how many companies wants to help you out.

I had a similiar homework once about security in cars. So I called VOLVO and they were more than happy to help me out with my questions :)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but of course we did that :p

There is a difference in safety in cars and security in airports. The risks in cars are unintended where as our focus in airports are intended fear, damage and risks. Our focus is, of course, Copenhagen Airport Kastrup (CPH) and the implementation of security scanners (aka body imaging security scanner) there. We contacted them but refused to answer any questions what so ever, about the subject as it is still in the testing phase..

It would be completely the same to ask about current security procedures and systems - they wont reveal anything more than what you can see if you stand outside the building! That is the whole point in the war against terror / the mad man - the insecurity for people not knowing everything..

As well as I would never get them to discuss any other related security measures as 1) they are convinced what they are using is the best (cost-benefit wise) and 2) details come from the company producing the product and not the buyer :)

I have taken contact to Smiths Detection who are producing these scanners as well as a lot of other security and safety equipment, but as it is their products they will always remain positive about their products. That's the reason why I am looking for a recognized third party :)

Actually we managed to get an interview with a department chief of security in the airport after we had an interview with the Ministry of Transportation about the subject.. They wanted to defend themselves and their meanings in a short interview (with no details leaked of course)..

Thanks, though!

Reply to Thread