? servers

? players online

Headset microphone

• Content Count:  762

Jizzy here,

so im a complete noob if it comes to techstuff .. but i wanted to know 2 things.

1) When i buy a headSET is it better plug 'n play or USB?

2) If ur laptop has a microphone build in (but its crap) and u buy a headset does the laptop automaticly know that ur using a mic trough headset or ..?

well please answer ^^

Thx for helping! (ps. i didn't know where to post this)

1) I dont know since i never heard of USB headsets.

2) You're laptop will use the mic of the headset.

Fanks, ill just buy the USB ones !

• Content Count:  1116

1. Unless you have a special sound card (most people use built-in) then you can actually benefit from having a USB headset if its decent quality.

2. Laptop mics are horrible, please buy an actual headset.

Newegg.com - Corsair HS1 USB Connector Circumaural Headset

Newegg.com - Corsair HS1A 3.5mm Connector Circumaural Headset

• Content Count:  431

1. Unless you have a special sound card (most people use built-in) then you can actually benefit from having a USB headset if its decent quality.

I used to use my laptop mic all the time it didn't suck at least not that i know of (everyone always told me it was fine)

As for my desktop I have a Turtle Beach P11 headset and it comes with a built in volume control for both MIC and Volume

It is USB and has a jack for sound

I like it and it works nice P11 Turtle Beach Headset

Also there is one for the 360 too if you don't have a PS3 and both work on the PC

• Content Count:  3299

If you have a sound card don't get a usb but if you don't like most of us get a usb for sure. If your willing to throw some money down go for steelseries Siberia v2 usb or the Logitech g35. Both great usb headsets i can highly recommend.

• Like 1

If you have a sound card don't get a usb but if you don't like most of us get a usb for sure. If your willing to throw some money down go for steelseries Siberia v2 usb or the Logitech g35. Both great usb headsets i can highly recommend.

Why shouldn't i get an USB when i have a soundcard? , is plug n play better then ?

• Content Count:  2186

It really depends on how many dB your computer emits.. If your computer is considered 'loud' or it is vibrating because of the fans (this doesn't have to be a lot) it will transform into static if you use a jack-headset (what you call plug'n'play).. If you use USB you won't have as much static..

If you have a sound card (no not the motherboard) the chance of you having a lot of noise/vibrations or even having an electrical current running through, isn't as high, and you would be better off with a jack-headset.. If you are insecure, just go with a USB headset..

80% of headsets, be it jack or USB, are plug'n'play, where you won't have to install any software to get it to work.. Hence, there is a difference between plug'n'play and jack.. Thank you :p

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1116

I've read somewhere that if you use the 'Logitech g35' some games wont start up is that true? :O

g35 does seem to have issues with certain games, apparently not working with The Witcher 2 which just came out on Tuesday.

Reply to Thread