? servers

? players online

Racism

• Content Count:  227

Is it racist to sing a song that the lyrics say.. "that's how all my niggas roll"?

Just wondering. Please discuss this question amongst yourselves.

• Content Count:  1590

Outside of sg it would depend on how sensitive the person is that heard it, I personally wouldn't consider it racist because the way its being used and its a song.

• Content Count:  1158

We had quite some lengthy discussions about it in the Rules Discussion subforum:

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/rules-discussion/44323-issue-racism.html

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/rules-discussion/46160-question-censored-words-racism.html

But about your question. We have a zero tolerance policy against certain words in SG to avoid having to deal with grey areas. Do I consider the word offensive in your context, no - but I am still satisfied with our policy, makes our life so much easier.

Edit: Damn, didn't see your response.

It depends on your company, but I would say no.

• Content Count:  1735

no its not racist

the rule shouldnt be no racism allowed, it should just be no certain terms allowed because saying it like that isnt racist at all

if you wanna argue about it, define racism for me and connect it to "yo whats good nigga" and tell me how thats racist

• Content Count:  1845

i dont think i've given to much thought to that.. prolly cuz i dont listen much to that music. I remember when parents had a heart attack when their kids sang "like a virgin". since ur singing a song i wouldnt consider it racist tho. there many older songs that would have been scrutinized if they had come out in todays world. I've yet to see anyone go back and censor older songs tho.

Reply to Thread