? servers

? players online

Summer Jobs

• Content Count:  607

I work in a builders yard, i carry stuff to the van that needs delivering, and sometimes go deliver the deliveries. Other times, i manage the till, serve customers, answer the phone, clean the shop, sweep the yard, place empty pallets on the roof to create more space. I get paid £7 an hour from 7am-2pm, i only work Saturdays, it's not a summer job, but I'll be doing some week days aswell in the 6 weeks holiday (British Holidays)

• Content Count:  657

I work at a manufacturing plant not even 5 min from my house. I mostly stand at an aluminum saw 9-10 hrs a day (monday thru friday and sometimes saturday) inside a non-air-conditioning building sweating my ass off. The bright side is that I make $10-hr. + overtime and I may spend 1.5k of it building a new computer. So, I guess it's not that bad.

• Content Count:  1563

As my summer job last year I worked in Colruyt, they benefit from us, students. So for any fellow Belgians, a tip: Colruyt sucks.

This year I work in the city's depot, really chill =)

• Content Count:  3697

I've been working on the railroad

All the live-long day.

It's a pretty decent summer job. Considering it's a career for quite a few people, having it as a summer job is pretty sick. I'm making a little over 20 an hour, plus expenses. And considering I commute around 130 km a day, and claim 180, with meal allowances, I'm banking (profiting) close to 400 every 2 weeks on top of my pay (which I get in the full 80 hours every 2 weeks).

It's physical labour, and some days it sucks like when you're out on the track for the full block, but like today, (because of massive flooding down south washing away the track, all the trains are getting routed up through our subdivision, so we couldn't get on the track at all) I just sat in the rail lifter all day, alternating between napping, reading, and talking to people, but damn it was hot -.-

Plus it's easy to move up to being a machine operator, and if you have your bus license, you can bid driving the bus, which auto puts you at group 1 which pays close to 30 I think. It's possible (although not everyone does/can) to get group 1 their first season out on the track.

Reply to Thread