? servers

? players online

Need...Advice.

• Content Count:  3791

I'm thinking about telling my parents soon that I'm bi (Bi-Sexual). If anyone one else has had to tell their parents about their sexuality I would love some advice, I have no idea how my mum will react.

Thanks all!

• Content Count:  3791

They should love you no matter what tbh, regardless of your sexuality.

I hope so. My mum has made comments like "If any of you ever turn out gay I'm kicking you out" kinda blow to the teeth...

• Content Count:  219

I hope so. My mum has made comments like "If any of you ever turn out gay I'm kicking you out" kinda blow to the teeth...

I don't know your background, and I don't think we've ever talked (but I can try my best to help.)

It's kinda harsh to kick your son out for being bisexual. Everyone has their sexual preferences, but being bisexual doesn't make you any less part of society or your family.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2947

Maybe tell your dad if you trust him more and then you sit your mom down and you both tell your mother?

thats an idea.

when I need to tell my mom something straight up I get my dad to help.

Good Luck

the only reason i said this was because you said that you dont know how your mom will react so thus assuming your dad will be ok with this.

• Content Count:  11

I'd be cautious. Yet at the same time show firm belief in what you're telling them. If you're scared and nervous they'll sense it and try to push the thought out of your head, leaving you feeling unaccepted.

• Content Count:  431

I dont really know how your parents are.

So i suggest what sebak and matt said.

Agreed better to have a contingency plan just in case

and good luck stuff like this is never easy

• Content Count:  219

Maybe tell your dad if you trust him more and then you sit your mom down and you both tell your mother?

thats an idea.

when I need to tell my mom something straight up I get my dad to help.

Good Luck

the only reason i said this was because you said that you dont know how your mom will react so thus assuming your dad will be ok with this.

I do the same for some situations and vice versa. It's good to have some back-up before laying it all on the line. If all else fails, just consider sebak's idea. You need to worry about yourself rather than what your parents say about your life. They're there to help you and guide you, not throw you out on a limb because you're bisexual.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread