? servers

? players online

Just wondering

• Content Count:  4550

Concerning the servers: Rally Race, Reg, Crackhouse and hide n' seek, these servers are all pretty much dead 24/7. (I'll ignore tf2 for now) I think it's fair to say Rally Race is just too laggy, hide n' seek is too much of a fad gamemode, and crackhouse's original supporters have dissipated and flocked to perp3, and then eventually elsewhere. I'm planning on getting rid of all 3 of these servers in replacement, one at a time, for something else. If history teaches me anything it's at SG, bringing out fad servers all at the same time never works out well in the long run.

Now, you may be wondering why I left out reg. This is the only server I actually want SG to have and have a self sustaining population for. Countless times though, has a reg server come up and then faded to dust. As far as making events go, and spamming in chatbox the i.p and telling people to join, it only brings limited success. It's clear we need a new approach to getting SG involved with not just mods, but of competitive CSS. This does not mean I want SG to become a clan and start going trigger happy with competitions. We will on the whole, always be a mod community.

So, I'm considering some options myself, but what we're gona need is something to attract members to a reg server. There's only a handful of very popular reg servers, and thousands of empty ones. I would like some suggestions from everyone on what we could possibly do to make the server a success. I understand it may take a while as well. And for the love of god, suggesting to spam events for it will not work -_-.

You may also be thinking what's going to replace the other 3 servers listed here. Well, that's also up to you. Just remember, fad gamemodes will most likely die out. Something that perhaps we're all interested to play on, and that will attract members.

Thanks you.

• Content Count:  1371

Reg= regular CSS. Pretty much vanilla Counter Strike: Source gameplay, unlike that of modded gameplays such as Zombiemod.

oh alrighty, thanks.

• Content Count:  1676

Regular CSS I presume.

Somebody had made the suggestion that we do a fretta type thing with a server that cycles all of these, though I understand that would be difficult, it would work out pretty well if it was possible.

Gungame is a pretty popular gamemode, though I remember there being some trouble with that in the past. I can also suggest regular Zombie Mod (not escape) with the standard barricade gameplay.

Sad to see these servers get scrapped...

• Content Count:  623

If we could get a reg and a gungame server to be populated liked jb/mg is that would be amazing. As far as other mods go i wouldnt mind a bhop or scouts and knives server but everyone knows they'll die out so something like what panda said where the server rotates through different mods (such as bhop, scouts/knives etc.) would be really fun and awesome if its possible.

• Content Count:  2180

Reg CS:S but with custom maps. There are fun nipper maps along with hundreds of other custom maps that are just dandy to play. Half of SG sucks at cs:s as it is, custom maps are generally really unbalanced and it's more about having fun with others than actually "scrimming" which is why most people don't bother playing on the reg server as it's mostly just for cs:s pros

• Content Count:  2284

Unlimited ammo ZM.

Popular, yet most people here won't like the idea of unlimited ammo since we had been for reload in ZM. But ZM servers are popular if you get them up and running.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread