? servers

? players online

[WiP] M41a Pulse Rifle (from the movie "Aliens")

• Content Count:  57

Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that I've started work on a new weapon model for CSS. I decided to make the model after playing the new Escape 2 server with the new alien player models. For those of you who don't know what the gun looks like just google M41a and you'll get some picture results. So far this past night I've completed the outline of the model and am currently working on the textures. Keep an eye out for it on FPSbanana.com in the coming weeks.

• Content Count:  4473

I remember using one of those skins on the first CS. Had the sounds with it too and was pretty cool overall. The problem I would have with it was that I wanted the grenade launcher with it...not the damn silencer. :glare:

Yeah, it's a shame there's no gun in CSS with a grenade launcher. I might be able to port it into HL2 and replace the SMG. I'm just glad that the M41A fires caseless ammo, I was freaking out trying to figure out where the shells ejected from.

Well, after careful examination of the gun on multiple websites, it seems the ammo counter is on the right-hand side of the gun. So it wouldn't be seen by the player. (To hell with making a right AND left handed version.) And now it seems that my 3ds max is being extremely gay so I'm forced to pirate it. We'll see how it pans out, I really hope that I can make this work, I REALLY want a damn pulse rifle.

Here's an update. I've been up all night and I finally got an "unofficial" version of 3ds max. It works fine, but I lost my previous work in the process. I think I'm doing a better job this time around, but seeing as I haven't worked with 3ds max since my freshman year of highschool, and I haven't EVER worked on this particular version, progress is a bit slow... to say the least. However, I won't just give this up, I'm really looking forward to releasing this to the community and I hope to get it done "soon".

Thanks, I really appreciate that. I really want to release something that the community would enjoy. It's proven to be a bitch and a half so far, but I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of modeling again. I hope to post some pics of the model as it comes along, and I'll be sure to post a really nice looking render when it's ready. Right now it's looking very boxy... and grey. But I think that's every weapon model in it's early stages. Anyways, I'd better get back to working on it. I'll post more as it develops.

I have a bit of an update. So far, I've been making progress on a "rough draft" of sorts. The grip, receiver, barrel, and carrying handle are all "there" but not anywhere near completed. I'll continue to post updates and hopefully some pictures soon.

P.S. The heat shield around the barrel is a BITCH.

Reply to Thread