? servers

? players online

My Official Farewell and "Resignation" Topic

• Content Count:  475

I agree that some of my best internet experiences were with SG/ZM.

It is the sole reason that I still play today... now I feel like I am chasing a high though :(

Take care (even though youve already been gone for a minute)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2075

While I was not present for the majority of the events aforementioned I cannot help but sympathize with you, going from working in a small tight-knit team to an entire building of people, I also agree with your observation regarding the age of internet users as well as the masks we hide behind. But I view the latter as just an effect from people growing with technology and enjoying the anonymity thereof.

However I wish you the best of luck with whatever you shall move onto,

-Scuba

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3073

Its hard to say goodbye to a man who pretty much helped raise me into the pain in the ass thorn in everyone side i am. If its one thing i learned from you over the years and one thing i took to heart it was to not sugercoat anything. I appreciated you calling bullshit when it needed to be called, and occasionally smacking us upside the head when we all needed it.

Thanks for all the work, and thanks for the memories.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  269

I think I may have seen you once on TTT, but I have my doubts..

Regardless, from what I'm seeing from the other Retired, SAs, and others that have known you, and the short story post that you had, I'm assuming you are a great individual that did, in fact, devote a LOT of effort into this community. For that, I thank you. If not for this community, I'm pretty sure I'd have not a damn thing better to do. I just had a great time with just 4 other people in TTT. And that's got you to thank, amongst others. To see a loyal, determined, caring, veteran member resign, is just a shame. But what needs done must be done. I have noticed some of the things listed in your original post, and it's a shame that it's happening as such.

As for your service in the military, I thank you very much. I'd shake your hand, but I can't exactly reach through my monitor and do as such. Both of my parents are Army vets, Desert Storm, in fact. I tried getting in the Air Force, but it didn't work out due to a medical waiver getting denied, so yeah. Enough of that story.

I thank you for the effort you put into saving this community. I know I didn't know you that well at all, but from maybe a couple of tid-bits others have said, or posts in here, but again, it's all appreciated. I hope that maybe I can see you and thank you in voice in-game/in-vent (though I'm never in there) for all that you've done for this community, and the United States.

tl;dr: So long, and thanks, for all the fish.

-GoldenGuy (Cole T.)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2103

You probably dont know me by this or any name, but I played with you upwards of twenty times way back when, probably before i was on the forums. I remember you, as you were one of the first sg(zm at the time) admins I saw, months after i started playing regularly in the breakfloor server, although this might have been on ze. I fell in love with the SG/ZM servers while in a different clan, and yes i know its a comunity.

Now that i am part of the system, i cant help but feel helpless as i see it head downhill. I dont have the time or knowledge to do anything about it myself, but i hate to see comunity that i played on regularly for the last 3 years fade away.

But now I feel as if I have gotten off topic. Goodbye, and I wish you the best in life.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2427

I remember joining and immediately seeing the older of the "ragequit" posts not long after. For me, those were my good times. To each his own I guess, but the fun memories added up 10 fold over the amount of bad ones. It was a good read and I wish I had gotten to know you better apart from the few military/your mom night talks we had on vent.

:weseriouslyneedapeacesignemoticon: bye cloud.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread