? servers

? players online

Potentially the longest thread in history

• Content Count:  165

omg todaii rite i seez this creepy woman on bus.....she came over to me and totally raped me....IT WAS SOOOO FRICKIN AWESOME...

<. lets see how weird we can go...>

• Content Count:  950

omg todaii rite i seez this creepy woman on bus.....she came over to me and totally raped me....IT WAS SOOOO FRICKIN AWESOME...

<. lets see how weird we can go...>

i think you put the standard too high

• Content Count:  331

2 LOK THES THREAD OR NOT 2 LOK THES THREAD TAHT SI TEH QUESTION!!11!1!1!

[Number 2] [unknown] [unknown] THREAD OR NOT [Number 2] [unknown] [unknown] THREAD [unknown] [Yes in Spanish] [unknown] QUESTION[Exclamation-Point][Exclamation-Point][Number 1][Number 1][Exclamation-Point][Number 1][Exclamation-Point][Number 1][Exclamation-Point]

Number of Mistakes: 13

Out of: 23

Score: 56%

Grade: F

Sentence Failed.

Back to the Thread...

Gt24 on the [CC] Forums"]

I'm sure you have ran into some morons on the internet... in essence, we all have. This essay tries to explain a bit. It is 3 pages. I would like to hold a discussion about that essay.

http://overclockers.com/tips01331/

http://overclockers.com/tips01332/

http://overclockers.com/tips01333/

In general, I agreed with what was stated. I have seen communities with gated admission (requiring payment) have civil discussions (but not a ton of discussions). I have also seen minimum standards being necessary (forum moderators) with the community going nutso over them (forum fighting elsewhere).

It also explains rather well about why a community is better than anonymous forums (to a large part). As long as the community has high standards and upholds them, the community can serve as an "eye of the storm". Fun sane communications can flourish and thrive due to the diligence of the community members.

My Response:

Soviet on the [CC] Forums"]I enjoyed this article a lot. It truly described what has become of Human society due to the massive medium invasion, which began in the 1930's with the Television. After people began getting praise for nothing, they began seeing themselves as all-knowing, thus creating a morbid reality which confines us all to a small limit of thought due to the raging battles of opinions which consume the Media, and our minds. My favorite part of this essay was this:

"Don't worry, they haven't. Most people, even most people posting on the Internet, remain relatively sane. It's more like finding a barrel of rotten apples. Most or all of the apples in that barrel may be rotten, but it doesn't mean all the apples in the world have turned."

Very true. I've seen countless forums where, if judged by an Educator, would be seen as being run and populated by people with not but a kindergarten education. The level of grammar, spelling, and punctuation is pitiful among these wastelands of text. Though, even with my skepticism of the Intellect here on the Internet, I believe that in each rotten heap of the Internet, there is at least one intelligent being. A being who will provide accurate and meaningful input while other simply post ragged slurs of text, in an attempt to agree or disagree.

Thoughts on the Essay and/or my response?

• Content Count:  1842

i like spam spam is nice who else likes spam because i like spam and i was wondering if u guys like spam so do u guys like spam as much as i like spam because if you do like spam we can have a spam party with the spam

Reply to Thread