? servers

? players online

How do you exercise?

• Content Count:  412

If you're saying that you can't get big while you're running / swimming then you are a moron.
Why would you do any type of cardio while trying to get big/gain mass? That just means you're forced to eat more in order to stay on a caloric surplus. Of course when you already have mass and you're cutting down, running/swimming will make it easier to maintain a caloric deficit for fat loss.

Some obviously being better than others, but it's better to go cycling 5 times a week and enjoy it than lifting weights once a month because you dread it every time.
Depends on your goal. Even though lifting once a month won't do anything for you, it's still better than cycling 5 times a week if you're skinny and trying to gain weight.

Yea you can either straight up do reps, or work it into your cardio, ex hold 10lb in each hand while you jog.
lol

Cardio can get you big if you know to do the right work outs.

"cardio can get you big" what are you implying here? Cardio without any lifting? Doing cardio burns calories. In order to gain weight you need to eat more calories than your body burns. So if you're trying to get big there's absolutely no reason to do cardio.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3697

"cardio can get you big" what are you implying here? Cardio without any lifting? Doing cardio burns calories. In order to gain weight you need to eat more calories than your body burns. So if you're trying to get big there's absolutely no reason to do cardio.

Swimming is actually known to increase your appetite (and I can vouch after always being incredibly hungry even if I've had breakfast 2 hours before), which is why sometimes it's actually not recommended for weight loss, though it depends on if you overeat after swimming (if you don't it can still be a great way to lose weight).

I bring granola bars and almonds to class now because I would always have to leave mid class to go find something to eat.

Swimming is actually known to increase your appetite (and I can vouch after always being incredibly hungry even if I've had breakfast 2 hours before), which is why sometimes it's actually not recommended for weight loss, though it depends on if you overeat after swimming (if you don't it can still be a great way to lose weight).

I bring granola bars and almonds to class now because I would always have to leave mid class to go find something to eat.

Did you quote me by accident? Cause what you said doesn't really have anything to do with what I said even though it's interesting that swimming increased your appetite.

• Content Count:  3697

Not a misquote on you, but I guess I didn't quote all of the information. Just where you talked about running/swimming burning more calories than you consume, but in the case of swimming it actually increases how much calories you can consume by greatly increasing your appetite is all.

Guest harro

Heartless is right btw, doing ONLY cardio won't result in any great increase in muscle mass. You'll get really toned, but your strength won't increase at all (unless you were skinny/flimsy/completely inactive in the first place). You need to apply overload in order to gain muscle mass and you don't get any of that from just swimming or running. That doesn't mean cardio exercises aren't important for weight training itself. Doing precardio workouts before lifting helps you burn off more calories before and during lifting itself, which once again, results in more toned muscle + is also good for your heart.

• Content Count:  11501

There's a difference between saying cardio alone will get you big and saying doing cardio at all will completely prevent you from getting big. The former makes sense; the latter is retarded. You won't burn THAT much more calories doing a healthy amount of cardio, and if anything it'll boost metabolism. Nobody's saying be a marathon runner.

There's a difference between saying cardio alone will get you big and saying doing cardio at all will completely prevent you from getting big. The former makes sense; the latter is retarded.
No shit. Whatever way you put it, cardio will always be counterproductive while trying to build muscle. There's a reason why professional bodybuilders don't do cardio during their off season. However if for some reason you want to do cardio, it won't stop you from gaining muscle as long as you eat a calorie surplus (eat more than your body burns).
Guest harro
No shit. Whatever way you put it, cardio will always be counterproductive while trying to build muscle. There's a reason why professional bodybuilders don't do cardio during their off season. However if for some reason you want to do cardio, it won't stop you from gaining muscle as long as you eat a calorie surplus (eat more than your body burns).

Pretty sure no one here wants to look like this.

martin-kjellstrom.jpg

Pretty sure no one here wants to look like this.

martin-kjellstrom.jpg

What's your point? Why did you even quote me? Besides, that's your own opinon and that body takes at least 6 years of hard work while being on the juice. Has nothing to do with what I said lol.

Reply to Thread