? servers

? players online

can i trust craigslist.com?

• Content Count:  3440

When someone starts out by saying...

No worries, this isn't for some sick collection

and then

Again, I am not some pedophile collecting a scrapbook of children's pictures to fulfill some awful fantasy I've had ever since i was a child

That is exactly what they are doing.

I think it was shakespeare that said

"The lady (in this case old dude) doth protest too much, methinks."

• Content Count:  868

It depends totally on the person putting the ad up. From what I gather out of this thread, it was probably not trustworthy.

I have a little bit of experience with craigslist. I bought an MG10KK amplifier from some guy for $60 brand new, and the deal went through just fine. I contacted a few people about electric guitars too and things seemed legit. I wouldn't trust craigslist or any website like that with shipping items/PayPal payments, but you're more than likely okay with transferring money/goods in person.

• Content Count:  1158

It depends totally on the person putting the ad up. From what I gather out of this thread, it was probably not trustworthy.

I have a little bit of experience with craigslist. I bought an MG10KK amplifier from some guy for $60 brand new, and the deal went through just fine. I contacted a few people about electric guitars too and things seemed legit. I wouldn't trust craigslist or any website like that with shipping items/PayPal payments, but you're more than likely okay with transferring money/goods in person.

LOL

Well, sorry to say, but that response is kinda stupid considering what the thread was about. The listing in the thread is a guy wanting to buy pictures of peoples children and tries to tell that he isn't a pedophile or anything, but he just needs some pics for the living room :d

• Content Count:  868

LOL

Well, sorry to say, but that response is kinda stupid considering what the thread was about. The listing in the thread is a guy wanting to buy pictures of peoples children and tries to tell that he isn't a pedophile or anything, but he just needs some pics for the living room :d

What was stupid about it? The topic asked if craigslist.com could be trusted... as in, the entire site. It's pretty obvious the guy putting the ad up can't be trusted, but I wouldn't mark down the entire site untrustworthy because of that one guy. I've personally used the site and so far things have been gravy.

Reply to Thread