? servers

? players online

Downloading materials/models

• Content Count:  8

Everytime i join the server i have to dl some shit called : materials/models/player/paul/ctaddict/ct_ur....

This takes forever, and its pretty annoying to download everytime i join the server. Someone that can help me?

• Content Count:  954

you need to delete all of the downloaded content

i'm not exactly sure what folders there are, but you can follow the path given

the base folder is in program files/steam/steamapps/common/counter-strike source/cstrike

navigate to the materials/models folder and so on

and just delete the paul folder as a whole

if that doesn't work, try verifying game cache/defragmenting the game files (probs won't do anything, but worth a shot)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  153

All downloaded files are now in cstrike/downloads, then your usual paths to the files.

Which folders/files do I need to move to avoid constantly redownloading stuff? I have a similar problem to the OP, and while it seems to only redownload a couple of small files it is still a nuisance as it happens on every SG server I try to join.

EDIT : I copied everything from the original folders over to the downloads folder and it's still downloading the same couple of files. Not sure what's causing it.

• Content Count:  1747

You are not actually downloading the files. The plugin that handles downloads forces you to try to download that file because its missing from your folder, but such file doesn't exist on the fastdl. Does it slow down your game loading? No, because it's not downloading anything at all. Just ignore it.

Reply to Thread