? servers

? players online

Fitness Thread

• Content Count:  11501

@Unnamed the point I'm trying to make is there are much better things to take, ie ACTUAL mass gainers lol. There are studies however that are linking liver damage to long term uses of creatine because people don't take the proper detox for their liver (milk thistle, etc).

@ Flutter depending on what you're doing you could cut the reps down even more. I'll usually stick with about 7 but on high enough weight to where I can still do then correctly.

Also, supplement-wise, there seriously is nothing wrong with whey / casein protein lol...at all. It's protein, and yes you should definitely pick some up if you want to get bigger, as that's a huge part of your protein intake.

• Content Count:  885

@Unnamed the point I'm trying to make is there are much better things to take, ie ACTUAL mass gainers lol. There are studies however that are linking liver damage to long term uses of creatine because people don't take the proper detox for their liver (milk thistle, etc).

I getcha.

Yea I still don't use them often anyways, regardless

Now its all about anabolic steroids.

Jk just like Scuba said. I usually just eat a ton.

• Content Count:  188

I getcha.

Yea I still don't use them often anyways, regardless

Now its all about anabolic steroids.

Jk just like Scuba said. I usually just eat a ton.

Pfft. Steriods are pleb tier.

I used to eat like crazy when I was a kid. Like, Goku crazy. I'd go to a Chinese buffet and wouldn't come out until an hour or two later.

qJm1901.jpg?1

• Content Count:  3791

I'm not a very muscly person, but I rock climb so I have quite a lot of strength. I can hold my self pretty easily with one hand, and also do pull ups using four fingers (Two on each hand). If I do it normally, I could probably do around 15 chin ups without stopping. Though, I don't weigh a lot - 6ft / 6ft 1 140pounds. May go back to the gym at some point and bulk up a little, though this sort of weight runs in the family!

• Content Count:  978

@ Flutter depending on what you're doing you could cut the reps down even more. I'll usually stick with about 7 but on high enough weight to where I can still do then correctly.

Also, supplement-wise, there seriously is nothing wrong with whey / casein protein lol...at all. It's protein, and yes you should definitely pick some up if you want to get bigger, as that's a huge part of your protein intake.

just to add my two cents; the body also naturally makes creatine, and I don't recall any studies showing that whey protein can damage your liver severely, unless you take wayyyy too much at one serving.

• Content Count:  188

I'm not a very muscly person, but I rock climb so I have quite a lot of strength. I can hold my self pretty easily with one hand, and also do pull ups using four fingers (Two on each hand). If I do it normally, I could probably do around 15 chin ups without stopping. Though, I don't weigh a lot - 6ft / 6ft 1 140pounds. May go back to the gym at some point and bulk up a little, though this sort of weight runs in the family!

Damn, I can barely do one chin up.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11501

I don't recall any studies showing that whey protein can damage your liver severely, unless you take wayyyy too much at one serving.

and even then you'd pretty much just piss out any part that your body for some reason doesn't use for muscle regrowth...so I mean you'd have to take a LOT of whey to be 'dangerous'...like, you'd have to be purposefully doing it.

Damn, I can barely do one chin up.

All muscle memory, you have to train your body in the motion of pulling yourself up (or like a lat-pulldown) or typically you'll never do any. I couldn't do any before I joined the marines, and now I just did like 15 the other day drunk as fuck lol.

What really helped me (and still does) is if you jump and hold yourself above the bar, then slowly, slowly lower yourself while counting to five, and you don't want your arms to be fully extended until you hit '5'. Do that about 7 times a day and you'll be doing pullups in no time.

Reply to Thread