? servers

? players online

Avro off to Europe, Looking for Suggestions

• Content Count:  1079

Keep the ideas coming, guys! I really appreciate it :)

If you get get to Vienna in Austria then do it! The city is absolutely beautiful (And the beers are awesome :d)

My German friends begs to differ about the beer, but I'll be trying the österreichisches Bier anyways :d

go to Amsterdam and then go to Poland DOO EEEIIIITTTT

Amsterdam may be on the list, but Poland may be out of our route. What did you have in mind for Poland?

Go to Amsterdam (The Netherlands), Bruges (Belgium), Cologne (Germany) (GAMESCOM IN AUGUST), And Vienna (Austria). DO IT! :d

Amsterdam, Köln, and Wien are definitely on the list. Bruges, I dunno. I've never even heard of that city before. (Does that make me terrible?) What's there in Bruges?

Also: I'd love to see Gamescom, but I don't have the spare money for a ticket, haha.

You could drive to London in under 12 hours from Frankfurt haha

Hnnnng, I really want to see the UK and even see some friends there (like you! :d ), but I think it'll be too far out of the way. It's within 12 hours, but I think the three of us are heading North and East, not West. :(

Yes! Come to London then get a train to Derby and taste some of the best Real Ales in the World :')

I'll definitely let you and Lux know if I get anywhere near London

hope you lose your virginity out there

Clubbing in Germany. Oh boi.

Since you're going to München and Wien, drop by Salzburg on the way, it's a great city.

I lived in Köln for the past half year. I don't know how long you'll stay there, but you should drop by the chocolate museum and the kölner Dom (right next the the hauptbahnhof) All the museums near the cathedral suck, so don't bother; if you're a museum person, Berlin and Munchen have way better ones. Go across the Rhein at night through the main bridge near the Dom for an amazing night view of Cologne. If you're into city tours, you can always find free ones near the cathedral. Since you're going with your father, I doubt you would go clubbing, but if you want go to Heumarkt or just walk down Zülpicher Str, that's where all the students go.

Stop by Münster on the way from Cologne to Hamburg. It will be very different from all the touristy cities. It's a student town where like 40% of the inhabitant ride bikes. They have a cycling avenue that circles the entire city center. It's a beautiful city and there are usually no tourists.

Super thanks for this! We may have to stay longer in Köln if it's as cool as you make it sound. :d

Mind if I ask whether you're still there? (And that also makes me curious as hell: What were you doing there, and do you speak German any well?)

Croatia and Bosnia! delicious food, beautiful women, music, beautiful scenery, wonderful beaches, and interesting remnants of the war.

I hope you have great experience!

Bosnia may be too far, but Croatia would be near our route. Any particular places there that we should visit?

(Also: I like that you specifically mentioned 'beautiful women', haha :p )

• Content Count:  2122

Super thanks for this! We may have to stay longer in Köln if it's as cool as you make it sound. :d

Mind if I ask whether you're still there? (And that also makes me curious as hell: What were you doing there, and do you speak German any well?)

School; I speak enough German to get by. No, I left in June.

Everyone in Germany (at least the large cities) will speak to you in English. But as people have said, a lot of gaming event goes on in Cologne, especially during the summer. If you are into LoL, the LCS goes on in Cologne every week - free beer, snacks, and McDonald's.

One day is good enough for Cologne tbh; unless you plan on going to one of the gaming events. It's a nice city to live in, but you should be able to see all the tourist things in a day.

Reply to Thread