? servers

? players online

Subaru BRZ, Nissan 350z, or Hyundai Tiburon?

• Content Count:  623

2013 BRZ Limited ~25K$ with ~200hp

2003-04 350Z base ~10k$ with ~287HP

2008 Tiburon GT ~10k$ with ~170hp

350z to much for 03-04. You should get the 07^ becuase they came 6speed 304hp.

tiburom is nice but not for speed.

If you gonna shell out 25k for a bzr thats eh. dont like subs

The new gearbox and ~20hp arent worth the extra 5K imo.

Like i said earlier, i really dont care about raw speed, im not trying to build a drag car but rather something thats fun to drive, canyon road and autocross stuff. Obviously i do want speed but im not looking for a need for speed career.

Rather than just looking at the car's potential, I would start by asking the car history, such as accidents, malfunctions, last time a mechanic checked him out, those sort of things, because sometimes cars are cheap but they are walking time bombs.

If it was me, I'm kind of a Nissan fanboy so I would probably go for the 350Z as it looks way easier to customize and it definitely has the biggest engine.

All that is a given when buying a used car and i would definitely at least get a carfax for it and have my mechanic look at it.

Biggest engine doesnt always mean its faster, and as i said before if i wanted more power i can easily achieve that.

if you go for the BRZ, i really wouldnt bother adding too much more hp, they have fairly skinny tires and breaking them loose with what power it has is already quite easy.

I am very biased towards subaru, i work at a subaru factory :p, but out of those 3 cars id probably go with the used 350z, gonna save money and have a faster car.

Yea i know it runs the jap prius tires and if did bump up the hp i would get new tires and other mods to balance out the new power so it still handles well.

tiburon's are not the greatest quality probably better to get a newer brz it would last longer

*edit*

why even get a base 350 that old , dont just look for hp, thats all you listed, a car is more than just that

I didnt know that about the tiburon, thanks. Believe me hp is not all i care about which is why i posted this in the place, If i wanted that i could just buy a civic and beef it up to 500hp for 10k lol.

• Content Count:  3052

Have you looked into any hatchbacks? maybe a speed3 or gti? Even a Mini Cooper S?

But based on the three cars you posted,

I would be split between the Hyundai or the 350z nothing wrong with the BRZ, I just don't think its worth that kind of money

(I'm looking to a mini cooper s myself, but the base 181 hp won't cut it for me or you :p But it can easily get 230+ I also hear they are fun to drive!)

• Content Count:  1747

All that is a given when buying a used car and i would definitely at least get a carfax for it and have my mechanic look at it.

Biggest engine doesnt always mean its faster, and as i said before if i wanted more power i can easily achieve that.

350Z is quite light so it does use the horsepower that he has. Some owners refrain from letting the car go to a mechanic, and sometimes people hide shit. But at the end of the day it mostly comes down to what one you like most to drive.

• Content Count:  97

Take a look at 2012-20-13 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. the 2013 got a bump up under the hood in HP at 348HP . i know here in Atlanta, the CPO cars with like 11k miles or lower start at 29K for the 3.8 Track V6 and go down to like 21k for the 2011 3.8 Track V6.

• Content Count:  421

Yea i know it runs the jap prius tires and if did bump up the hp i would get new tires and other mods to balance out the new power so it still handles well.

Toyota def. deserves a slap in the face for the skinny tires. but slap some real sticky rubber on it and you'll have a great car for autocross.

@labarr, if you saw all of the quality control that subaru puts every single car through, you'd understand why they costs so much.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  623

Have you looked into any hatchbacks? maybe a speed3 or gti? Even a Mini Cooper S?

But based on the three cars you posted,

I would be split between the Hyundai or the 350z nothing wrong with the BRZ, I just don't think its worth that kind of money

(I'm looking to a mini cooper s myself, but the base 181 hp won't cut it for me or you :p But it can easily get 230+ I also hear they are fun to drive!)

Wow i cant believe i forgot about those 2. lol. The gti is a little pricey when it comes down to the year/model i like but the speed3 actually has some pretty promising pricing. Just gunna be hard to find one that isnt over 100k miles lol.

I could never decide if i hate or love the minis interior so i dont think i could ever own one but i do also hear they are fun to drive.

350Z is quite light so it does use the horsepower that he has. Some owners refrain from letting the car go to a mechanic, and sometimes people hide shit. But at the end of the day it mostly comes down to what one you like most to drive.

The 350z is roughly 1,000 pounds heavier then the brz/tiburon and is actually the heaviest car mentioned in this thread if im not mistaken (except when i mentioned a jeep). And what i said earlier covers the second part of your post . I said i would get a carfax that would show any dmg or crashes the car has had as long as it was taken to a semi decent shop, and i would have my mechanic look at it so there would be no reason for him to lie to me if he saw anything questionable.

Take a look at 2012-20-13 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. the 2013 got a bump up under the hood in HP at 348HP . i know here in Atlanta, the CPO cars with like 11k miles or lower start at 29K for the 3.8 Track V6 and go down to like 21k for the 2011 3.8 Track V6.

Ill look into it but its at the price range where id rather get a brz.

• Content Count:  501

Would go with the BRZ, as a previous Nissan and Subaru owner. The BRZ is a solid colab car, although not a fan of Toyota products, but with that boxer motor and RWD it really is a great car. Would not suggest such an old 350, I had an S14 with a '03 350 swap and ran into a bunch of motor problems. Since you mentioned you were going to do some motor mods, the brz will do phenomenal, but I would wait at least 6 months until you've broken in the motor a little bit. Cause a new motor with tons of aftermarket stuff in the beginning will lead to some future problems. Apologize to sound like I'm rambling tl;dr go with the BRZ.

• Content Count:  2167

Of those the Nissan is by far the fastest. The BRZ has been made to feel fast, which is kinda cool if thats what you are looking for. Personally I would go with this 1347863512.jpg

image.jpg?OriginalImageUrl=%2fuk%2fassets%2fcms%2f9d46c5e6-1c6d-436c-896e-3550dc7752f8%2f670x377Image.jpg%3fp%3d111017_01%3a55&Width=615&Height=347 its in the same price range as the BRZ... but it has 335 HP. It also holds its value quite well which is nice. 2002 BMW M Coupe. A good one can be had for about $20-25k with low mileage. $17-20k with high mileage.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/hammond-icon-z3-2011-10-17?imageNo=0

• Content Count:  501

Of those the Nissan is by far the fastest. The BRZ has been made to feel fast, which is kinda cool if thats what you are looking for. Personally I would go with this 1347863512.jpg its in the same price range as the BRZ... but it has 335 HP. It also holds its value quite well which is nice. 2002 BMW M Coupe

One down side is cost of parts and maintenance. One of the sickest 2 doors. Although i really like my s2000.

• Content Count:  2167

One down side is cost of parts and maintenance. One of the sickest 2 doors. Although i really like my s2000.

When you have to replace parts they arent cheap but I have found all the Z3s to be quite reliable. This might be because they are simpler than their larger BMW counterparts but I have had mine for almost 4 years now (42k miles on it) and the only thing I have had to do is replace the front brake pads/rotors and I bought it knowing they were low. You might also be able to find the newer Z4 version of the car if you look around.

Reply to Thread