? servers

? players online

Subaru BRZ, Nissan 350z, or Hyundai Tiburon?

• Content Count:  501

No, they don't. They DID at launch on the SRT have that fake shit. and it was stupid. They dont do that anymore and they never did that on the R/T, the one I mentioned. The Challenger platform is a shortened wheelbase version of the platform used by the charger, which was designed by mercedes-benz and borows the front suspension from an S class and the rear from an E class. The car its self was made in Canada and Dodge is owned by Fiat, an Italian company. So its not really an American car, and as a result is not really shitty. I assure you I was one of the first to laugh at the decals and plastic shit when these things came out but rest assured they cleaned their shit up.

All that being said I would still prefer the M3 or M Coupe. I can't tell you much about the Nissan having never driven one.

edit: does anyone know anything about the G37 coupe?

Long story short, same as the Z. Except more luxurious and little less blind spots.

• Content Count:  421

Dodge is owned by Fiat, an Italian company. So its not really an American car

its still an American car, do you still consider Lamborghini Italian? or Bentley British? Of course you do, even though theyre owned by VW. Do the italians play a role in the design and manufacturing? sure, but their main job is just to fund their child companies and collect profits from them. Something that Chrysler couldnt do.

Anyway, back to the OP. If you cant decide, just make a list of all the possibilities in your price range that youre interested in. then narrow it down to 4 or 5, then go test drive them if you can, and choose which one you liked best.

Id definitely stray away from any american brands, they just typically arent very refined and made as cheaply as possible, and dont have the quality standards that the japanese or germans do.

• Content Count:  2167

its still an American car, do you still consider Lamborghini Italian? or Bentley British? Of course you do, even though theyre owned by VW. Do the italians play a role in the design and manufacturing? sure, but their main job is just to fund their child companies and collect profits from them. Something that Chrysler couldnt do.

Anyway, back to the OP. If you cant decide, just make a list of all the possibilities in your price range that youre interested in. then narrow it down to 4 or 5, then go test drive them if you can, and choose which one you liked best.

Id definitely stray away from any american brands, they just typically arent very refined and made as cheaply as possible, and dont have the quality standards that the japanese or germans do.

Thats not the whole quote. The car was designed by German engineers, built in a Canadian factory and owned by Italians. The only thing on it thats American is the engine and thats the only thing American car companies do really well. So, no, its not an American car but not because the Italians own it but because the majority of it was designed by Germans and built by Canadians. And anyway the thing that typically makes American cars bad is terrible steering, limp suspension, and sub par build quality and the Challenger has none of those problems. You wouldn't call the dodge sprinter an American car would you?

Anyway, I fully agree that American car manufacturers have produced nothing but junk for the last 20 years. But the Dodge line developed while Chrysler was owned by Daimler is hardly American.

I agree with the rest of your post though. You really cant go wrong with Japanese or German performance.

AutoTrader is your friend!

• Content Count:  421

Thats not the whole quote. The car was designed by German engineers, built in a Canadian factory and owned by Italians. The only thing on it thats American is the engine and thats the only thing American car companies do really well. So, no, its not an American car but not because the Italians own it but because the majority of it was designed by Germans and built by Canadians. And anyway the thing that typically makes American cars bad is terrible steering, limp suspension, and sub par build quality and the Challenger has none of those problems. You wouldn't call the dodge sprinter an American car would you?

Anyway, I fully agree that American car manufacturers have produced nothing but junk for the last 20 years. But the Dodge line developed while Chrysler was owned by Daimler is hardly American.

I agree with the rest of your post though. You really cant go wrong with Japanese or German performance.

AutoTrader is your friend!

i would have to somewhat agree about the engine part, even though the engine/tranny in my dodge is turrible.

but just for another example, would you consider the subaru legacy, outback, tribeca(technically a saab/ford), and various toyota's american? No. anymore it just comes down to the brand name, just because its an (insert country here) car, doesnt mean it has to be made in that country. it comes down to what country the brand is from, i really dont care who owns or builds dodge, its still an american car and it always will be. /rant

• Content Count:  2167

i would have to somewhat agree about the engine part, even though the engine/tranny in my dodge is turrible.

but just for another example, would you consider the subaru legacy, outback, tribeca(technically a saab/ford), and various toyota's american? No. anymore it just comes down to the brand name, just because its an (insert country here) car, doesnt mean it has to be made in that country. it comes down to what country the brand is from, i really dont care who owns or builds dodge, its still an american car and it always will be. /rant

Well, with my example of the dodge sprinter, they took a Mercedes sprinter and put a dodge badge on it. How is that in any way an American car?

• Content Count:  273

Good choice! Good thing you stayed away from the early 350z's. They had really bad transmissions. I personally would've gotten a nice r32 GTR imported or a Silvia for that kind of money. These cars are now 25 years old and finally legal to own one in the states ;)

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5375187478.html

• Content Count:  78

Great decision man, love it in the blue. Also before you slap some wider rubber on it, you should try throwing it around corners. From what I've heard it can be drifted super easy with the prius rubber that's on it. Congrats and have fun with it!

Reply to Thread