? servers

? players online

TIPS I SHOULD KNOW FOR COLLEGE

• Content Count:  833

First semester of programming should be easy to be honest. I don't think I had to program something more then 300 lines in my first semester. Depends what you learn. Shouldn't be anything complicated but if you have to do a lot of verification of Strings and such that can take a while.

• Content Count:  1563

haha okay, hopefully you didn't learn that from personal experience D:

Hopefully you know this was just for laughs, only put 2 condoms on if you want babies. More than one is just stupid.

• Content Count:  623

I know where your coming from, thats what i did all throughout high school, but now that i am paying for my schooling, also the fact that i actually like programming, i think i will stay ahead of most assignments, but then again, everything is easier said than done

Although i dont have any tips for college as i havnt started yet just wanted to say your a lucky mofo for actually enjoying programming. My dad tried teaching me multiple times when i was in middle school but it always just made me fall asleep. Biggest tip i can give you came from one of my dads fellow programmers. "Stay single till at least 25 so you can actually enjoy the shit ton of money you make while you can."

Edited by Pyro

• Content Count:  421

DO NOT buy all your books at the beginning of the semester, waste of money. go to your classes for a week or two and just simply ask your instructors if the book is really needed or not, if they dont really use the book in class, most will tell you that.

But those that you do need, go here

http://www.boundless.com

this site has most books for all of your gen. ed. classes. And for books that arent on there, you can find on ebay or amazon for real cheap.

doing all this could seriously save you $500+ a semester.

my last two semesters i spent less than $100 at the bookstore, and what i did spend was for lab manuals.

Reply to Thread