? servers

? players online

What do you say to people during this time of year?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you say to people during this time of year?

• "Merry Christmas"
    • "Happy Holidays"

Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas?

• Content Count:  126

ive never been a fan of political correctness because it makes everyone overly sensitive to every tiny thing. to me, i celebrate christmas, and ill merry christmas to you if i see you. if you celebrate something else, say happy hanukah back to me (or whatever you celebrate) and it would be much simpler that way. the whole point of saying that is to extend feelings of goodwill, i think focusing on what to say is missing the point

• Content Count:  2167

I feel like if you just go up to someone with dark skin an say "happy kwanza" you are just racial stereotyping and there is a very good chance you will offend them. But anyway, I don't feel offended by someone wishing me a happy anything. Just because I don't share their beliefs doesn't mean I don't appreciate that they want to include me in their best wishes. I would feel flattered if someone wanted to include me in their traditions.

• Content Count:  126

I feel like if you just go up to someone with dark skin an say "happy kwanza" you are just racial stereotyping and there is a very good chance you will offend them.

im not even sure what kwanza is to be perfectly honest

Reply to Thread