? servers

? players online

3 Gun Competition + other gun discussion stuff

• Content Count:  177

So I've been considering a few things. One is selling my semi-auto shotgun and getting a good pump and selling one of my pistols (Sig P250 or Berreta M9) to make way for a 1911. The reason is so I can participate in 3-gun Heavy Metal Limited or Tactical. Or, I can ditch the AK and get a bare bones AR for Limited Division. I'm just trying thin out my collection since I'd rather not have to stock up on different types of ammo.

Here is the rule book for 3 gun.

http://uspsa.org/RifleShotgunMultigun%20Rules%201-1-2013final.pdf

The other question is whether to sell my AK for more .308 ammo, 12 gauge, and pistol ammo

Thoughts?

• Content Count:  2167

So I've been considering a few things. One is selling my semi-auto shotgun and getting a good pump and selling one of my pistols (Sig P250 or Berreta M9) to make way for a 1911. The reason is so I can participate in 3-gun Heavy Metal Limited or Tactical. Or, I can ditch the AK and get a bare bones AR for Limited Division. I'm just trying thin out my collection since I'd rather not have to stock up on different types of ammo.

Here is the rule book for 3 gun.

http://uspsa.org/RifleShotgunMultigun%20Rules%201-1-2013final.pdf

The other question is whether to sell my AK for more .308 ammo, 12 gauge, and pistol ammo

Thoughts?

Honesty having multiple types of ammo is a good thing. Makes it easier to find at least one of them for sale. I would keep the Berreta over the Sig. Also be aware that 1911s are not exactly ideal carry guns. Oh and for the shotgun, 870 all the way.

• Content Count:  177

Honesty having multiple types of ammo is a good thing. Makes it easier to find at least one of them for sale. I would keep the Berreta over the Sig. Also be aware that 1911s are not exactly ideal carry guns. Oh and for the shotgun, 870 all the way.

I can usually find any ammo I need, just have to look in the right places. It's just cheaper to fund fewer ammo types for competition purposes. I'd have no intention of CCing the 1911, but it is the only approved pistol (well technically any single stack .45 within certain dimensions) for the Heavy Metal Division in 3 gun. And the 870 would be my first choice, a few nice used ones with extras around here for $450.

• Content Count:  657

I'll have you know that I carry my 1911 and it works just fine.

Reply to Thread