? servers

? players online

Carsy's Denied Ban Appeal - Admins Irrational/Illiterate?

• Content Count:  7

Recently Carsy appealed a ban that was 8 months old and it was quickly rejected by SilentGuns with many other AO's givng their "reasoning" for why he should be banned. I put "reasoning" in quotations because nobody really contributed anything useful or read and bothered to comprehend what Carsy had to say.

Carsy gives his opening post, saying he used the bug he found 2-3 times, and then told Kippe about it (Who was an admin at the time; he was even the one who banned Carsy.) PAN32 then replies quickly with "So you cheated times, told your friends about the bug and never told it to any admins or the ao in charge of the server." See anything wrong here? Before you say something about not telling the AO in charge of the server, you have to understand that no AO's have ever been involved with anything to do with the surf server other than banning people. A few posts later ExRev says "Except for where you didn't tell anyone about this bug." I'm starting to doubt the literacy of the admins.

There's then some debate about Carsy's script use in the past, which may as well be ignored because this wasn't the reason for his ban, and he was never banned for it/warned about it. And finally, all powerful SilentGuns swoops in with his hilarious meme picture and says "Your appeal has been rejected" without any reason.

Before you make some silly immature remark/post some funny memes, why not post something useful? Why was Carsy banned for pointing out a bug to an admin? If he hadn't have pointed it out, the times would've just been deleted and looked past as a "glitch in the timer" or something but instead he decided to tell an admin there was a flaw in the timer, which for whatever reason got him banned.

• Content Count:  1747

Before you make some silly immature remark/post some funny memes, why not post something useful?

You need something useful you say? Then I'll give you something useful. Your dearest friend refereed that:

I never used a script in an SG server so I'm sorry your bird gave you false information.

Which was quickly replied by bread with this:

Honestly, whether or not you did use scripts wasn't exactly a secret.

http://pastebin.com/ujqGipRL

And there were hundreds of other SMAC warnings up until April of 2013.

So, in a nutshell, Carsy lied 913 times on that thread. I think thats pretty mature.

Locked.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4799

Old thread but since there is someone confused by why their friend had their appeal rejected.

How to report a bug:

1. Discover bug

2. Do not exploit the bug multible times

3. Drop everything you are doing and report the bug to an admin, preferably an AO! Do not tell anyone who is not a part of our staff!

Also useful:

1. Try not to have hundreds of SMAC warnings.

2. Do not try to bullshit veteran admins in your appeal thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I swear, it is like that one time when some kid mass griefed the MC server and then later told me that our block protection plugin was not working.

If you would like to file a complaint against me or any other Administrative Officer then please message a member of the Board of Directors or file an admin complaint.

Thank you!

• Like 3
Edited by SilentGuns

• Content Count:  3343

Before you say something about not telling the AO in charge of the server, you have to understand that no AO's have ever been involved with anything to do with the surf server other than banning people.

who do you think runs all the servers, gnomes? AO+ manage all the servers so yeah AO's are involved with all servers including surf.

A few posts later ExRev says "Except for where you didn't tell anyone about this bug." I'm starting to doubt the literacy of the admins.

please keep the irony to a minimum i might get an aneurysm.

There's then some debate about Carsy's script use in the past

not really. he had over 900 SMAC warnings since 2012, an argument about whether or not water is wet is more of a debate then your friends ban.

why not post something useful

whatever you say mr."50% of my posts are me appealing bans"

long story short your friends an idiot, and we decided to have fun in his appeal because of his obvious lying. calling all ao+ illiterate and irrational while being illiterate and irrational doesn't make you or your friend look better in anyway so just take silentguns advice or be quiet your choice mr.

• Like 7
Edited by Psyche

Reply to Thread