? servers

? players online

Any Managers Here?

• Content Count:  3740

As a Manager, terminating an employee is obviously an action that you must take at some point in your career. If this is your occupation, what are the most 'memorable' terminations that you ever had to conduct?

Today, I had the luxury of dealing with 2. The first one I terminated for consuming product and never paying for it. She had the audacity to tell me it was MY responsibility to tell HER to pay for her food (wtf?). After a brief argument, she turns to my boss and yells "Fuck you, you're an asshole!", then turns to me and yells "Fuck you, you're an asshole!", and finally storms out with a vulgar tantrum.

The second one was my boss terminating someone for extreme tardiness. This employee calls my boss to talk about his 'no call no show' from the night before. He gives my boss an excuse that he did not know that he was scheduled to work and that another employee gave him the wrong schedule. My boss then questions him that if he did not know that he was scheduled, then why did he call to give him an excuse in the first place? At the conclusion of the argument, the employee taunts my boss saying "Watcha gonna do, terminate me? Then do it, I dare you, terminate me!", and then hangs up on him. Right after he hangs up, he accidentally butt-dials my boss, talking to a friend in the background saying "I'm going to shove a rod up his ass!" Needless to say, this employee was so unreliable that my boss had to get permission from HR to terminate him over the phone.

Reply to Thread