? servers

? players online

My Steam Account Was Hijaked

• Content Count:  65

What you have on your computer my friend is a remote access trojan otherwise known as a RAT... It was the steam guard download and he just phished you in with free shit... Could be crypted so might be a big problem. That or when you logged in through the "Profile" your username, password and ip was sent to him and he just got on from there. Run a virus scan (if possible) and if weird things start happening to your computer like mouse randomly moving or cd tray opening then you got worst problems to worry about.

Well, good news, I usually tend to delete things I download right after I use them. So I deleted it almost instantly.

Also, download Malwarebytes and run a scan. Also use your antivirus as well.

Vav (SG Profile: vavonator) told me to run a virus-scan, and I ran a McAfee scan and it detected that there were no viruses.

• Content Count:  640

Well, good news, I usually tend to delete things I download right after I use them. So I deleted it almost instantly.

But you did run the program though?

Yeah, I actually never even wanted to get anything that was in his inventory. I just wanted to see what was going on. I have a series of events that always go wrong, whether it be someone giving something away, I'm giving something away, someone is doing something for me, I'm doing something for someone, etc. It always goes wrong no matter what. So I didn't even want to try to get things he was giving away. I simply wanted to see what he WAS giving away. Turns out he was never giving anything away. xD

But you did run the program though?

Yeah, I did run the program. And after Vav told me to run a anti-virus scan, I did, and it said my computer was clean. What else could I do at this point. :/

• Content Count:  640

Yeah, I did run the program. And after Vav told me to run a anti-virus scan, I did, and it said my computer was clean. What else could I do at this point. :/

well like I said before he either just phished your account i.e he I only got your username and password so you could just change all of your account info. That or he has a virus on you which would be that program. It could be crypted like I said so it could not be detected by your anti virus.

Best of luck to ya

• Content Count:  1064

Damn Wolfy. The best thing I can say to do is image your hard drive and them wipe it. After that, look CAREFULLY through your directories for anything weird, depending on who wrote the virus it could either be FUCKYOU.exe or something stealthy and conspicuous like ibelonghere.exe .

Some of these guys get really crafty with this shit so it gets really hard. Try using Malwarebytes, whatever antivirus you have and then update Windows Security Essentials to the latest patch because WSE is pretty good at finding stuff that shouldn't be there.

After that, make sure to keep Firewall on at all times when you're on the internet. Don't click any bullshit links, trust your instincts. If something looks shady, leave the site and don't come back. Like Zorg said, if they got a RAT on your computer then you're really fucked and you should probably start deleting. With RAT viruses, it's basically TeamViewer but they control everything and can even remotely grab your logins on your computer and can install whatever they want.

Reply to Thread