? servers

? players online

Ebola?

• Content Count:  1980

Currently the known airborne ebola strains do not affect humans. They have seen it in lab monkeys.

Yeah but the thing is Africans are hunting and consuming the monkeys and then get it.

• Content Count:  2167

Yeah but the thing is Africans are hunting and consuming the monkeys and then get it.

no because the airborne one doesn't kill people. what it does mean is that a human transmitted airborne strain could potentially surface.

• Content Count:  1064

Ebola really shouldn't be that scary/terrifying to people. Currently, the ebola strain that's hurting Africa is transmitted through bodily fluids (i.e the stuff from your peepee(if you have one), saliva, blood and more) and very very rarely through direct contact (kissing, shaking hands, etc). As Dirk mentioned, there's only one known strain that's airborne and it doesn't effect humans.

The only thing I find scary about ebola is what happens when you contract it. So internal hemorrhaging, high fevers, nausea, etc. Mostly internal bleeding. Some patients have been found to be bleeding from their nose and eyes even.

But like XeNo said, it's not very hard to contain it or stop it from spreading. Clean water and food, gloves, masks and proper hygiene should keep it away from most people. Containing it and keeping it from spreading to countries might be different. China, from what I've heard, is developing a way to screen people for the virus before they're allowed to enter the country. Obama also announced that his cabinet is trying to develop a way too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  1563

It starts to look like plague inc game or any other game about infecting and killing the whole world. One solution - gtfo to Greenland.

I thought about this game the first time I saw Ebola on the news. ITs a KILLER

How do you eplain the case of a nurse that may have gotten ebola if it only spreads through fluids ?

• Content Count:  3401

How do you eplain the case of a nurse that may have gotten ebola if it only spreads through fluids ?

Does blood count as a fluid in this case? That's all I can think of.

• Content Count:  1064

Does blood count as a fluid in this case? That's all I can think of.

Any bodily fluids can harbor the disease. Blood, semen, saliva, etc. If you touch it or eat/drink something that's been contaminated then you will most likely get infected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply to Thread