? servers

? players online

Ebola?

• Content Count:  6242

By no means do I buy into the conspiracies, but patent laws are a joke when it comes to things like this.

I do feel the CDC does need to ramp up their preparation levels and if that means they need to have the virus on hand then so be it.

This whole Ebola thing reminds me of the Y2K scare. Sure the potential for it to go really wrong is there, but in the end most likely it will turn out to be a lot less of a problem than it could have been. On the other hand it could be the end of society as we know it. Either way I'm not going to lose any sleep.

That was until one of the nurses who help treat the one guy who died broke a travel restriction (really wasn't one tbh, they told her not to travel) got on a 4-5 hour flight to Cleveland with around 130 people. Instead of the infection rate being small like 1:10 it was 1:130, whom have probably gone another route to potentially infect more.

• Content Count:  1167

Is this a serious concern? Yes.

Is the media making this a large epidemic then it currently is in the United States? Yes.

My personal belief is that people are becoming fearful when they don't need to be. This isn't Africa, we have far more resources, sanitation, and aid to contain and control potential *diseases*. Just like many past illnesses over the years we've had this will pass by and the media will soak it up for all it's worth. Not only is the media thriving from this, so are companies that manufacture PPE (personal protective equipment), the more the media causes people to be in fear, the more money people will spend from protective equipment.

There have always been diseases, viruses, and illnesses that pop up in the United States and foreign countries on a yearly basis, they are dealt with, vaccines are attempted to be made, and the media moves on to the next great story.

Again I believe this a serious illness, but I think the media is blowing out far out of proportion because it keeps people watching... more views = more $$$

EDIT: Also the CDC is doing their job by quarantining people in a preemptive manor to prevent any further spreading.

• Like 1
Edited by Silentfaith

• Content Count:  2238

Is this a serious concern? Yes.

Is Fox News making this a large epidemic then it currently is in the United States? Yes.

My personal belief is that people are becoming fearful when they don't need to be. This isn't Africa, we have far more resources, sanitation, and aid to contain and control potential *diseases*. Just like many past illnesses over the years we've had this will pass by and the media will soak it up for all it's worth. Not only is the media thriving from this, so are companies that manufacture PPE (personal protective equipment), the more the media causes people to be in fear, the more money people will spend from protective equipment.

There have always been diseases, viruses, and illnesses that pop up in the United States and foreign countries on a yearly basis, they are dealt with, vaccines are attempted to be made, and the media moves on to the next great story.

Again I believe this a serious illness, but I think the media is blowing out far out of proportion because it keeps people watching... more views = more $$$

EDIT: Also the CDC is doing their job by quarantining people in a preemptive manor to prevent any further spreading.

Fixed it for you :d

• Content Count:  481

It's really over hyped, the Flu is way way easier to catch than ebola would be on the same scale. It needs direct contact with bodily fluids to be transmitted person to person. Just wash your hands and don't drink ass juice (basically rip SG).

####Epidemiology

Reply to Thread