? servers

? players online

SteamGamers Monthly Raffles/Giveaways

• Content Count:  5063

Do you have a special plan on how this will work out. Online raffles with a entry fee is illegal.

The BD's and AO's are currently discussing this matter and we hope to figure out how we can work this out.

• Content Count:  2262

Do you have a special plan on how this will work out. Online raffles with a entry fee is illegal.

The BD's and AO's are currently discussing this matter and we hope to figure out how we can work this out.

I have been in a giveaway group on steam that require you to give TF2 item scrap for participate a giveaway though O,o

• Content Count:  5063

I have been in a giveaway group on steam that require you to give TF2 item scrap for participate a giveaway though O,o

Not everyone is following the law, and it depends on which state or country the raffle is hosted. But on our site its illegal to sell tickets for raffles with real money afaik, not sure how it would work with game items. But this is something that could be discussed with a lawyer in the state the site is hosted in or a state with same laws e.g.

But for now there wont be any entry fee raffles until we can figure this out so we aren't doing anything illegal on our site! So if Zorg wants to start this thing it will have to be a giveaway with no entry fee until we have figured out whether its illegal on our site or not.

What i did find out is that its legal as long as its free to enter, but people can pay money to have a bigger chance of winning. This could be a possible solution to this issue.

Edited by floffypus

• Content Count:  640

Not everyone is following the law, and it depends on which state or country the raffle is hosted. But on our site its illegal to sell tickets for raffles with real money afaik, not sure how it would work with game items. But this is something that could be discussed with a lawyer in the state the site is hosted in or a state with same laws e.g.

But for now there wont be any entry fee raffles until we can figure this out so we aren't doing anything illegal on our site! So if Zorg wants to start this thing it will have to be a giveaway with no entry fee until we have figured out whether its illegal on our site or not.

What i did find out is that its legal as long as its free to enter, but people can pay money to have a bigger chance of winning. This could be a possible solution to this issue.

Floffy im currently figuring things out and ill get back to you on what i have thought up! Thanks for all your feedback from everyone.

• Content Count:  1064

So like everyone gets a free entry but can say buy 4 more tickets for a total of 5 chances at winning?

This could work on huge giveaways, i.e Knives, new games, etc.

Also, we should get t-shirts. Js.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Reply to Thread