? servers

? players online

I think I'm a bad person for this...

• Content Count:  14

So, I am a Counselor and teaching aide for a program that helps children with Autism and special needs. And lately since I've been playing in the server's I've noticed when people do something dumb (myself included) they get called "Potato's and Autistic" and I can't help myself but kinda chuckle when I hear people spewing these terms on the mic. Let's just say, sometimes I catch myself hearing these saying in my head at work and it takes a lot for me to to seem like im going crazy while cracking a small smirk while I'm talking to one of the residents.

I have this one resident who is a very high functioning teenager with Autism. When he first saw me, he thought I was a bank robber because of my beard and tattoo's. Now, I am his main go to staff if he needs something or needs help with his work. He operates at a normal High School level, and has taught himself how to make his own music in Fruity Loops. The kid is very smart, but at times, I can see why the Autism remark is made at people who just cant get it through their thick heads that edging will not improve their lifestyles.

• Content Count:  14

Oh for sure I can separate the two, but I am also a pretty twisted individual so it still makes me laugh. I don't get angry cause sometimes I slip out with the terms without meaning too! haha

Reply to Thread