? servers

? players online

Diablo 3 Gameplay Trailer!

• Content Count:  6712

To be honest Senior, I prefer it as it is.

Whilst the "how it should be" is more finely detailed it seems a lot darker, less illuminous and that.

I have been trying to download Diablo 2 but the there is a real shortage of torrents, and they seem to be really rubbish anyway (they don't work)...any suggestions, other than buying it :bored:

• Content Count:  950

To be honest Senior, I prefer it as it is.

Whilst the "how it should be" is more finely detailed it seems a lot darker, less illuminous and that.

I have been trying to download Diablo 2 but the there is a real shortage of torrents, and they seem to be really rubbish anyway (they don't work)...any suggestions, other than buying it :bored:

thats what the diablo universe is made off, hell on earth, demons taking over part of the world and making it theirs and its up to you to rescue that world.

diablo means devil in spanish, i just dont think that the cartoonish look that they presented is what d2 is all about, it looks more like wow with the colours and the armors (although im about curious to see how thatll look in the end)

the game is still in pre-alpha, i think, so i hope theyll listen to the fans of the previous game and fullfill our dreeeeeeeeeeeeeam ~~~~

anyways ill show u the influence the fans have on blizzard

this screen was of starcraft2 when it first was announced:

starcraft-ii-20080117014735053.jpg

and this is what they changed it to after some fans criticism:

starcraft-ii-20080527102236512.jpg

i dont really think i have to ask you which of them looks best, do i?

just buy a diablo pack, in denmark diablo 2+ the LoD expansion costs around 10$ and our gaming prices are sky high, so it should be like 5$ for you if you live in the US

found some info from another forum, ill just paste it here

Notes I:

-Whirl wind was displayed.

-New class: Witch Doctor.

-All classes can be played as a male or female

-Updated graphics with a new Havok physics system

-There will be 5 classes. Two were already shown. The Barbarian and the Witch Doctor.

-Random environments.

-The player will see familiar locations (Tristram) and faces.

-The multiplayer portion of the game will be played over Battle.net.

-No release date has been set.

(Summarized from the official FAQ and Video presentation)

Notes II:

-New "hotbar" skill system for easier access to skills.

-Potions are still present, but you can also pick up health globes from defeated monsters.

-There is no more potion belt.

-New loot system: Each player sees one unique drop per monster (Similar to Hell Gate London). Only the player will see that drop and no one else. (eliminates item grabbers).

-Diablo 3 will use a new and more secure Battle.net for the online portion of the game.

(Summarized from dev conference)

Story:

"It has been twenty years since the events of Diablo II. Of those who faced the Lords of Hatred, Terror, and Destruction in the battle over the fate of Sanctuary, there are few still living who can bear to remember the horrors that the Prime Evils wrought upon the world. And of those who did not witness the terrible events firsthand, most believe the stories to be little more than myth. But something evil is stirring once again in Tristram, and it may already have claimed its first victim: Deckard Cain."

"When Deckard Cain returns to the ruins of Tristram's Cathedral seeking clues to new stirrings of evil, a comet from the heavens strikes the very ground where Diablo once entered the world. The comet carries a dark omen in its fiery being and it calls the heroes of Sanctuary to defend the mortal world against the rising powers of the Burning Hells – and even the failing luminaries of the High Heavens itself."

the loot system is dissappointing, the loot was the reason that everyone would gather around baal when he was nearing 10% health and we would all use our best attacks to kill the bastard and get the loot for ourselves and we would brag about the CoA or DF that just dropped :w00t:

so when we're alone in a game, mf'ing, will there only be one unique drop per act boss? thats totally bs.

• Content Count:  6712

Considering both those pictures are different it is hard to tell , but whilst I am not all for graphics, I preferred the first Diablo 2 screen. In the Starcraft 2 picture I liked both, I wouldn't mind which of the 2.

But in the Diablo 2 case I don't care if it is meant to be dark..hell...devil whatever (Btw I knew what Diablo means :o ) I really don't like these dark games, it doesn't create suspense it just makes my eyes hurt, that Dark Deathrun map for example and ANY dark css map....very annoying.

Price wise, on Amazon.co.uk they don't sell LOD and the original together, each are £8.50 ($17) so definitely not cheap. After looking at other prices, this was actually the CHEAPEST.

Considering both those pictures are different it is hard to tell , but whilst I am not all for graphics, I preferred the first Diablo 2 screen. In the Starcraft 2 picture I liked both, I wouldn't mind which of the 2.

But in the Diablo 2 case I don't care if it is meant to be dark..hell...devil whatever (Btw I knew what Diablo means :o ) I really don't like these dark games, it doesn't create suspense it just makes my eyes hurt, that Dark Deathrun map for example and ANY dark css map....very annoying.

Price wise, on Amazon.co.uk they don't sell LOD and the original together, each are £8.50 ($17) so definitely not cheap. After looking at other prices, this was actually the CHEAPEST.

i can see ur point, but we can both agree that the first pic of sc2 is very cartoonish.

not that cartoonish graphics are bad, but i just dont think they mix very well with the diablo universe.

my main comp wont connect to the internet so i cant torrent the d2 installation pack, im sorry :/

Reply to Thread