? servers

? players online

Random Question of The Day 3/2/16

• Content Count:  2187

I guess volunteer work counts, right?

Working at a Habitat for Humanity: Resource with my father. Really hot and humid, like any summer day. Helped the experienced volunteers and workers lift heavy house appliances, such as granite tabletops, sinks, and cabinets, off of trucks while putting price stickers on anything that's sellable, such as lighting structures (lamps, lightbulbs, chandeliers), paintings, floor tiles, and (believe it or not) an ancient suit of knight armor. That priced around 3000-5000 dollars. Not sure.

When I was at break with Dad, we were all sweaty and tired after lifting a truckload of carpet off and into the facility. Then my father and I were called, with other workers, to pick up some granite tables and pieces for buyers and put it into their trucks. When I tell you those tabletops were heavy, they were HEAVY. Afterwards, there were donation calls outside the facility that needed to be attended to. This was like a minute after we finished. I, being the optimistic 16 year old I was, got up and said "Welp, time to get back to work." Suddenly, everyone laughed and admired my working spirit, including the facility manager and assistant manager. This was easily the most satisfying work experience I ever had, but, since I was less knowledgeable about the real world then, I didn't really have any reaction towards it. Yet it made me feel something like I kindled a sort of relationship towards many of the people who I worked beside. I promised them that I would come back and work some hours.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4960

@Zaraki naa ur good glad for your help, ur amazing what you do.

I mean at work :)

But I'm grateful for the chance(s) i've been given here. There was reasonable doubt about me, and i'm glad that the people trusted me enough to enable me to show i'm worth their trust.

Reply to Thread